Author Topic: Waterfowl opener results  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
Waterfowl opener results
« on: Oct 06, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
A good mornings hunt for the opener today. Warm temps prompted me to wear shorts under my waders and I am glad I did,  had to chase a few ducks around in the swamp. Between me and a friend of mine, we ended up with 6 birds, shot 2 more that ended up lost in the cattails. 4 woodies, one tealie and a green head. Heard a few other guys south of us bustin' things up. Seen all kinds of birds too.  Did see one lone canadian that I called in to circle around our spread but I had no goose decoys, just ducks. This warm weather makes hunting tough though. Have to wait until Tuesday for this cold front to move in. Hopefully it is a good chance for rain and I can get the day off work! Now that sounds promising! :)
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
Re: Waterfowl opener results
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2007, 03:01:27 PM »
 did better than we did we got skunked i also wore shorts under my waders. this is the first time i ever showed up to hunt ducks in a t shirt and shorts

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »

our results from opening day of goose season

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »
sweet shooting. Those honkers were flying over my tree stand all weekend. Back and forth from the lake and the corn field. Wish I knew how to call them and had permission to hunt to corn field
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2007, 09:57:55 AM »
all i can tell you is practice calling them and ask for permission if you ever tried hunting gees its addicting and you will wanna blast deer asap so you can get back to hunting geese

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal