Author Topic: Lucky kid.....had a good teacher!!!  (Read 4144 times)

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
Lucky kid.....had a good teacher!!!
« on: Dec 15, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »
My Grandson is getting spoiled.  :D

He now harvested 3 bucks in 3 years and he usually gets it done on the first day! Good thing too, because now as a 15 year old, he works full time every weekend so his days afield are very limited nowadays.
This season, he luckily had opening day for rifle deer off because of an in-service day off from school. Playing Junior Varsity High School Football also consumed most of the Fall season, so he missed all his target practice time. They played in the Finals so the football season lasted longer than anticipated.

When he was 12 years old, his muzzleloader misfired due to my mistake when he was on a great buck at 60 yards. So at 13, he used his new rifle and was rewarded with a nice buck. Last year, we hunted during the muzzleloader season. I gave him my new TC and he smoked another buck. This year, he did it again, using his own rifle again.

So, it's been 3 years since I've actually fired a shot at any deer.  ::) My days of coaching him are now over as he successfully demonstrated his skills regarding hunting and safety.

Next year, we plan to sit apart and each have our own tag. It's my turn once again to maybe shoot some venison and hopefully he gets extra practice gutting/cleaning 2 deer  ;D

Blue Igloo 

;D ;D ;D
"we don't remember days....only moments"

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: Lucky kid.....had a good teacher!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2016, 05:42:08 PM »

Awesome job for that young man sure does have a dandy there  ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal