Author Topic: Who’s ready for Fall 2019?  (Read 25811 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Who’s ready for Fall 2019?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 16, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
Thats sweet! I picked up the same shotgun in an adult version from a buddy for $150. He shot it like 5 times. Added a slug barrel to it and gave it to my old man.

My go to is my Benelli M2 slugger in 20ga. Have had it for 2 seasons now and dropped 6 deer out of it. SST slugs

I agree I have a Benelli super Vinci for waterfowl/Turkey. You won’t convince me there is a finer semi than Benelli.

However for a Slug gun I have a Ithaca DeerSlayer 2 and NOTHING will outshoot that beast!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2019, 07:06:41 PM »
 I've noticed a lot of acorns around. Hopefully the deer kill last year won't be noticeable this year. Seen a couple of bucks in velvet on  camera but nothing recently. Got an L tag like everyone else. I don't get interested until it gets cooler... then things start to happen. ;)

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Aug 19, 2019, 03:29:12 PM »
Was checking cams earlier this morning and with the little breeze it was just raining acorns.

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Aug 26, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »
That 45 degree weather got the gears really turning this morning. Prompted me to log on and see what people are up to. Trying to get ready but I'm way behind where I would like to be about this time of year. Between home renovations and family vacations and seemingly every weekend being booked with one thing or another hasn't been quite the amount of time I would have like to have for scouting and cams etc. Got some cams out and got some access to some new private land. Got a stand up out there on the fringes to start and will keep doing a little exploring with each trip out. Didn't bother getting M tags this year since I barely hunted down there last season. Been shooting the bow every day though trying to get dialed back in.   

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
Good to hear from ya!

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Aug 26, 2019, 03:45:55 PM »
You too man. Hopefully there will be a little more action on the board this year. I ate tag soup last year but I enjoy seeing everyone else's success too. The Facebook pages are alright but seems more than half of it is full of political nonsense that I could care less about in an online forum. This one and ice shanty seem to have less BS to wade through.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #21 on: Aug 26, 2019, 03:51:16 PM »
You too man. Hopefully there will be a little more action on the board this year. I ate tag soup last year but I enjoy seeing everyone else's success too. The Facebook pages are alright but seems more than half of it is full of political nonsense that I could care less about in an online forum. This one and ice shanty seem to have less BS to wade through.

I agree, I ate tag soup as well, missed my first ever season. ( Health issues) anyhow I’m on the mend and I’m chomping at the bit. I hope this site comes back around too, it’s why I’ve promoted it a bit. I don’t have Facebook. Never have. Hoping that now that I have my health back I can contribute and join back in.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Aug 26, 2019, 10:18:29 PM »
  Facebook .........more than half of it is full of political nonsense that I could care less about in an online forum. This one and ice shanty seem to have less BS to wade through.
This! Couldn't agree more. I don't do Facebook, never will. I've never really been a technology or forum guy, but happened to find I.S. and MHF a few years back and theyve been great. These sites here have REAL sportsman contributing REAL stories and help, with out any of the B.S.
The Shanty seems alive and well, Hope to see the same on here as well this year!
Good luck to all. It won't be long now!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal