Author Topic: Team Bag and Drag (Team 1)  (Read 29905 times)

Online Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Team Bag and Drag (Team 1)
« Reply #75 on: Nov 12, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »
Nice one Bob. Congratulations...
Hope your feet didn't get wet.... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline reeleyz

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #76 on: Nov 12, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »
Nicely done Bobby!

Offline Deadeyez

• 6 Pointer
  • Bow Hunting Addict
« Reply #77 on: Nov 12, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »
Thanks guys! Made it convienant that he died at the creek. Got to rinse him out and clean up the old knife!!

THWWWACK         Never Back Up Never Back Down

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #78 on: Nov 12, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
congrats deadeyez

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #79 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:23:35 AM »
Nice deer guys!
This has to be the worst bow season in my 9 years in the sport.
I just started seeing rut activity. Now that its cooler I'd like to take a doe but can't even get one of them in range.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #80 on: Nov 16, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
NYsporty, man I thought I was the only one this was happening too ::), your right it has been terrible this season, just started seeing scraps a week or so ago,  and every deer I have seen is coming out just at dark (except  2 doe last  Monday feeding in my plot while I took a break from sitting to feed and water the horses at 2pm >:(  ) I have a DMP and with rifle opening they in trouble now.....

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #81 on: Nov 18, 2017, 12:11:13 PM »
So I took a stava 9 point yesterday. Once I get the pictures into photobucket I will tell the story!!  ;D

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #82 on: Nov 18, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »
Well I guess no pictures :'(, but here is my story.....
So yesterday I was able to seal the deal on this AWESOME buck!! I have hunted at least an hour and half everyday except for 3. Every morning this week I have hunting 1.5 before work. Yesterday I finally saw a small doe, but no buck in tow. Well this morning at about 6:20 I hit the bleat can few times. I hear some rustling coming my way. I knew it was a deer, but was it a buck or doe? Sure enough this stud 9 point comes trotting in on a string. I touched off the Ol' Trusty 30/30 Marlin. He took off running right under my stand, I laid out another peace of lead, then he got behind me and I hit him again, getting a big puff of fur. Seconds after all the excitement another small buck comes running after him. Well after a pretty easy track, I found my blessing in laying in the woods!! I gave my praises to God, and enjoyed the moment!! Then I hustled to get him gutted, dragged home, loaded in the truck, showered, tagged, hung back home, and into work on time!! What an AWESOME morning!!
9point
180lbs
30/30 Rifle
Maine

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #83 on: Nov 19, 2017, 04:12:40 AM »
Main you can still post a picture in this thread. The n when  positing for the competition they are referring to the picture on each team thread.

Offline The 3Ps

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #84 on: Nov 19, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
Opening day firearm season 2017 was eventful indeed.
It's quite a hike up, and I mean up to my stand, so sweating is going to happen. I will usually only wear the bare minimum  and pack in the rest. Getting into my stand just before first light and getting dressed for a day long sit.
 I layer up because even with themps in the 50s you loose body temp just sitting there. But I have my lunch and at times a thermos of coffee.
Just before climbing a Barred Owl sounded off and will say, can catch you off guard a bit when they hoot in under 50 yards from you. He must have watched me walk into my tree and getting dressed and wanted me to know that he had done just that.
Once settled into my stand, I could hear the squabbling of some roosted Turkeys that was also close. I knew once they were down it would be noisy from them scratching at the forest floor. As I waited for that to happen, about 7:00am, I heard a loud snap behind me. As I twisted in my stand, I could see a good buck walking a plateau of the hill. He was a heavy deer and guessing about 170lbs or over. Large main beams but not a lot tagging off them that I could see. Either way I picked my spot and when he stepped in, I squeezed. He stood there as I pulled the trigger again, but this time not even a cluck. As I fumble to chamber another round, he spotted my movements and turns and walks away. No running, just walked as If the noise and what he saw was just a figment of his imagination . I myself was thinking him not falling flat was now a figment of my imagination?? How did I miss?? Why did my gun not chamber another round on its own? It is a semi auto. I find the spring in my clip has broken and has no more up pressure on my remaining ammo. I'm mad..fumeing as I sit in the tree and replay the scenario over and over in my head. I swap out clips  as I always carry two, and just wallow in disbelief.
By now the Turkeys are off the roost. As the noise from my echoing shot, brought them out of the trees. Just as figured it's noisy with the sound of 12 or so Turkeys digging in hardwood leaves. They work by me and up the hill in front of me to where I finally could not hear them.
I guess it was about 10 or 10:30 I got down from my tree to see what happened  and if I actually missed. No blood, No fur! Nothing but a 180 grain size hole in a sapling and nearest I can figure. I was over the top of him. So its back into my stand pouting and re-lieving my miss over and over.
At 1:00 those damn Turkeys came back down the hill and burrowed into some green underbrush warmed from the sun and took a nap up where I had missed that deer. Almost like they knew and were taunting me by having me look up that way.  30 minutes later, they once again scratched there way up that hill to where I could no longer hear them.
At 2:00 This youngster 3pt comes down from the same direction as the buck earlier. I make up my mind to take him as redemption for my earlier mess up. I also am uncertain if I'll get any vacation time this season due to being real busy at work. I if was certain to get the time would wait but want the meat for certain.
Just as soon as he steps out from that groupe of pines.  I pick my spot and wait for him to step in..1 minute....2 minutes. I hear snapping of limbs.. and 4 wheezez, hes only 40 yards away..just step out....5 minutes...10min..30min. I hear nothing..I start looking up in those pines with my binos??? Nothing after an Hour I'm like. He slipped out of here from 40 yards away and never gave me another view of him, let alone a shot at him.
There I sit frustrated..eat My PB&J then spray more buck bomb.
4:30 rolls around I start thinking of getting things situated so getting out will be easy and simple. I look up the hill and 40 yards in front of me I see the white inner thigh of this deer stretching. It's that 3pt from 2:00. He had bedded down at the bottom of a short ledge just up from me. He still never knew I was there though he had been there 40 yards from me for 2 hours. Seeing he had been so relaxed, I figured he ought to relax in my freezer.
The 3Ps
30-06
3pt
Maine

patience, persistence, presentation

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #85 on: Nov 19, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »
Main you can still post a picture in this thread. The n when  positing for the competition they are referring to the picture on each team thread.
Well now I can't seem to copy and paste the links from Photobucket. Is there another page I can use to post pictures?

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #86 on: Nov 19, 2017, 06:46:11 PM »
Photobucket does not work any more, at the bottom when writing a post is an add image to post. i have  also used postimage.org as well

Offline Otto

• 6 Pointer
  • Something is always in season!
« Reply #87 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »
Nice story and deer 3P’s!  Congrats!
Boom, Done!

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #88 on: Nov 20, 2017, 07:03:35 AM »
Great deer guys.

I got lucky last night and filled a doe tag. I’ll wait till the end of the month to post in case I get a buck.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #89 on: Nov 20, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »
Here is my buck...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal