Author Topic: Hello - New to MHF  (Read 5661 times)

Offline sorelippin

• Spiked
Hello - New to MHF
« on: Jul 29, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
Hello MA!.....I have the same username on MFF, Surftalk and IS.  Figured I'd keep MHF and MFF consistent.  NHBowHunter is my name on NEF and SalmonCrazy.  I see some familiar screen names so I hope to chat with some of you soon.  Hope to share some nice stories, info and photos of this years upcoming deer season.  My son and I both got nice Toms this past spring and have been shooting our bows often.  I helped start a controlled conservation hunt in Andover, MA 4 years ago and we took just over 70 deer last year - acrchery only program.  My son just turned 14 and will be the youngest participant in the program this year.  He needs to qualify at the Sportsman Club in town on 8/10 in order to participate.  All our archers have to pass a proficiency test on the range and then are given 2 treestand tags and a photo ID and maps of all the conservation land we hunt.  He's been shooting better than most we qualify so he should be good to go.  Just mounted a new dropaway and got rid of the God awful wisker biscuit that came with the set up but was good to start.  He's pulling 55lbs and holding a real nice group.  Anyway, hope to be involved soon in discussions.  Good luck to all.

Jesse

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: Hello - New to MHF
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2013, 11:29:08 AM »
Welcome to MHF. Best site of the three sister sites.  ;D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2013, 11:57:49 AM »
Welcome to the site !

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2013, 02:08:57 PM »
Always nice to have a new member. :)
no information

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »
Welcome, lots of great people here and tons of great information.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2013, 06:28:21 PM »

Hello and Welcome to the site from the Northeast Kingdom of Vt. what style hunting you into most Gun , muzz. ; or bow  ;) ;)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2013, 06:28:47 PM »
Welcome to the site.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline sorelippin

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »

Hello and Welcome to the site from the Northeast Kingdom of Vt. what style hunting you into most Gun , muzz. ; or bow  ;) ;)

Although I hunt with all of them, to me, nothing beats taking an animal by stick and string.  I've taken a lot of deer by all methods but the challenge of close encounters and the overall hunt with the bow is second to none for this guy.  I grew up on the NH/VT border along the CT river and hunted both states and still do.  Love going back home each fall and now with my son to take deer in the same spots I did when I was his age....really cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal