Author Topic: Cow moose hunt  (Read 6355 times)

Offline huntermike

• Forked
Cow moose hunt
« on: Nov 02, 2023, 07:43:48 PM »
Had an incredible moose hunt in zone 2 last week, went up north on Saturday and stayed on portage lake, went out scouting Sunday and saw a cow and calf first thing, my buddies saw 2 cows in 1 area, so Monday morning we decided to go to that spot they found, we sat at the beginning of the road waiting for legal shooting time and about 15 minutes before light 2 moose came out to the road, we watched them till light then walked up the road to close the distance. We got to about 150 yards and I told my girlfriend let's see if we can get them in the scope, we looked and they were both bulls unfortunately. We went back to the truck and followed them up the road and was watching them off to the left and we happened to look to the right and there was 2 more moose standing on a road to the right, they took off quick but we were sure 1 was a cow, we drove up the road about another 200 yards and there was a huge bull standing in a cut with a cow standing in front of him, when we got out of the truck they both took off, we hunted this road all day and saw 13 moose through out the day but they were all bulls the rest of the day.
We went back there first thing Tuesday morning and when we got to the top of the hill the fog sat in and we couldn't see more then 100yards, I had just told my girlfriend we should get out of this spot till the fog lifts so we don't scare anything and then she said moose standing right there to the right, we couldn't see it good and was watching to see if it would come out to the road but it didn't, I was just getting ready to turn around and I looked out my window to the left and there was a cow standing 100yards away and she stood out perfectly with the fog background, we got out and made sure it was a cow and we both fired right at the same time dropping her in her tracks.
While we were taking pictures I gave my girlfriend of 13 years a surprise and proposed to her. Was a perfect start to the week until the tragedy struck on Wednesday night and we had to cut our week short cause my son was inside the bar and was having a hard time copping with the shooting, he made it out safe through the back door. The cow weighted in at 719 lbs.

Offline gamefisher

• Forked
Re: Cow moose hunt
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2023, 03:57:40 AM »
Incredibly happy for you on all accounts!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2023, 04:47:14 AM »
Congratulations on both counts......h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2023, 05:23:41 AM »
Nice job congratulations…✌️✌️
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2023, 08:47:03 AM »
Congratulations and great outcome on all accounts!!....... unless she said NO :o

Offline Alex D. Large

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2023, 06:02:32 PM »
Good for you! Congratulations!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal