Author Topic: Deer reports  (Read 7354 times)

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
Deer reports
« on: Nov 30, 2004, 04:51:35 PM »
How did all you guys do.  I saw 6 doe monday couldn't get a shot, and today (the second day) i didn't see a dang thing.  Hunted all day on both days.  Hop you guys did better.
LOOK AT DA SIZE A DAT ONE!!

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
Re: Deer reports
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2004, 11:13:11 PM »
welldepends hows this sound scope we found out is trash so scramble for a gun 330 sun afternoon
got one my old rifle from pop
monday 730 2 doe spoted gone
monday 800 3 doe dropped second one
monday 800 doe got up and ran
monday 845 finally found deer
monday 850 boom....... boom boom boom......boom
monday 900 2 guys gutting my doe
tuesday 845 buck is he legal ill whistle get him to look
tuesday 846 boom nope that girl shot and missed
dont think i did to well either so ill try with the bow now that im home
ps worst part is the buck ended up being legal saw him real good after he turnend and ran away and the girl completely missed she was only 13 oh well

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2004, 09:49:32 PM »
I think I forget what a deer looks like.  Hunted at state game lands 130 in western mercer county from 6:45am til about 11:45 or so and never saw a thing.  Some shooting goin on but nothin near us and nothin sounded like it was on the game lands after about 8:00 or so.

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2004, 08:05:24 AM »
Hey guys, I bagged a nice 20" wide 8 point at 6:45 AM Mon. morning.  Haven't taken my doe yet, I'm waiting till things settle down a bit next week to take one with my handgun.  I'll post some pics of my buck when I get them back.  Good luck everyone!!
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2004, 11:46:57 AM by PA_BOWHUNTER »

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »
Nice buck PA!!  Went out again today and I still have failed not only to fill one of my two tags but to atleast see a deer.  Got back at 12:45 today and the only deer i saw harvested was a nice 8 pt out at the dam (shenango).   Now, if its brown its down.

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2004, 11:47:51 AM »
Thanks Drop Tine!!  Go get em' and good luck!!!!!!

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2004, 06:33:37 PM »
Neighbor got a 19.5" 8 pt on saturday morning in the same set of woods we were in but he got it at the opposite end (pretty far down the tracks.)  Just thought i would tell ya.

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2004, 11:40:08 PM »
congrats guys saw some saturday morning but not a clear veiw and will be out monday again

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2004, 08:45:14 PM »
Never saw a tail all day today.  Hunted mainly in northern mercer county.  Talked to another hunter on our lunch break and he saw his first deer of the season this morning.  I'll go out saturday but i definatly am not spending all day out there.  I hate to say it but the fustration is settin in.  It's hard to go into multiple sets of woods, still hunt then move and then do small one and two man drives and not even see a tail, let alone a deer.  I haven't even seen any other wildlife other than 2 squirrels.  Good luck to ya and i can't wait for the late archery season, if theres anything left.

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2004, 08:30:04 AM »
dont worry plenty out there im trying to figure out what my next move is was out this morning early an dthey seem to be moving around me and out of rang e found another tree to hang the stand on so will try there sat or next week

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2004, 09:32:06 PM »
Took a bite of that aweful tasting "tag" sandwhich, even though archery is a few weeks away.  Hunted today and saw one doe at 12:45.  We hunted this area first thing in the morning and we saw so much sign that it almost looked like i would have gotten one the first hour.  But saw nothing.  Moved to another area before i had to go to work, and saw a doe.  We barely had time to load our guns and she came runnin through.  Had no clue she was commin.  Hunted from 6:30am til 1:30pm.  I have hunted 9 out of the 12 huntable days and my totals are as follows:

deer seen: 7 (all does) 6 the first day and 1 today (the last day).
deer shot at : 0
deer hit: 0

Waitin for the snow and cold!!

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2004, 12:51:49 PM »
hey i feel ya although ive seen lots more and shot a t three 2 in the sme day when i didnt know how bad the nock set had come loose and the dow that got away opening day of deer season might get to hunt a farm outside of corecreek park one day

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2004, 01:53:44 PM »
Hey guys, I shot a horse of a doe on Sat. afternoon to close the season.  I really wished I had weighed that deer because it was VERY large for a doe.  One of my hunting partners took a wounded 1 1/2 year old 6 point that was shot high in the leg and the doe I shot dwarfed the small buck in body size.  The buck was about 12" wide and had no brow points, too bad he was wounded because he showed some good potential.

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Dec 27, 2004, 04:30:36 PM »
well guys good luck in the late season as i had good luck with the fres h snow saw about 10 deer before getting a good shot a a button buck didnt know at the time but did get him both lungs and split the heart in 2looked like someone was painting in the woods will get a picture as soon as i can to post so goin to get a couple more doe tacks for lower bucks county and again good luck guys

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2004, 12:40:18 PM »
Congrats on your sucess fastribs!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal