Author Topic: Archery Season is almost here!!!  (Read 13599 times)

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
Re: Archery Season is almost here!!!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2004, 09:24:06 AM »
If you can catch a buck by himself you can call him quite easily at times.  Use a combination of grunts and doe bleats.  If he is chasing a doe I'd just sit quietly and hope they come by you.  Calling will probably just run off the doe with the buck to follow.

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2004, 09:12:55 PM »
ok what about if you just grunt or let out some bleats from time to time will that help bring any deer around or just scare them off i also have a turkey call i will use sometimes just purrs and some soft chirps will that help cause i usually do that if nothing is around seems to at least bring out some squrriels and song birds

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2004, 07:54:47 PM »
well howd ya do to finish of the season i hurt my back and had to spend all of friday and saturday lying in bed :'(

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2004, 09:06:09 PM »
New to the forum but i have been checkin in periodically.  Hunted in my home area of 1a and saw 3 doe, a half rack 2pt and a few turkeys all by 9:00am.  Waitin for gun season!!!

DROP TINE  (wet waders at myfishfinder.com)

LOOK AT DA SIZE A DAT ONE!!

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Nov 16, 2004, 11:48:49 AM »
Drop Tine, welcome to the board!!!

well howd ya do to finish of the season i hurt my back and had to spend all of friday and saturday lying in bed :'(

Fastribs, I saw several real good bucks in the last 2 days of the season but couldn't get a shot at any of them.  That all will change in a few weeks ;D that is if they don't dissappear by then. :-\

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2004, 10:20:40 PM »
well got a little good news bad news lost my job last friday so as of now unemployed i guess 1 week to late for the bow but might not be working for rifle will be out the whole first week if thats the case

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Nov 19, 2004, 10:44:29 AM »
well got a little good news bad news lost my job last friday so as of now unemployed i guess 1 week to late for the bow but might not be working for rifle will be out the whole first week if thats the case

Well I'm sorry to hear about you loss of employment but glad to hear you've got some free time to hunt.  Better get some fishin' in before deer season too!

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2004, 02:41:23 PM »
I too am sorry to hear about your unemployment.  That sucks.  Atleast you'll have a good amount of time to get in the deer woods.  I'm steelhead fishing in erie sunday and then after that, it's all about me and my .30-06.  Good luck to you guys if i don't stop back before the season opens. (I probably will though.)

DROP TINE   ;)
LOOK AT DA SIZE A DAT ONE!!

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Nov 26, 2004, 12:48:17 AM »
thanks guys might just collect for a little bit and hunt and fish hard will probably fish some friday and then site in sat and hang the stand fri. then relax sund and me and the 06 for the first 2 days of the season then back home to philly with the bow good luck to you guys and may the monster walk to you

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Aug 19, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »
six weeks to be exact hope you guys are ready and keep practicin that shot of a lifetime could be this fall ;)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Aug 19, 2006, 06:57:43 PM »
six weeks to be exact hope you guys are ready and keep practicin that shot of a lifetime could be this fall ;)

when are you guys? sept. 30th ish?
i may bow hunt PA this year? i usally just rifle hunt?

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2006, 10:00:47 PM »
yes sept. 30 is opening day where abouts do you hunt in pa

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Aug 30, 2006, 10:20:49 PM »
yes sept. 30 is opening day where abouts do you hunt in pa

coudersport in potter county, also have a buddy in the bradford area in mckean county that wants me to go with him this year

Offline FIRESTORMHTR

• Forked
  • 8 Point
« Reply #28 on: Sep 05, 2006, 04:00:59 PM »
coudersport in potter county, also have a buddy in the bradford area in mckean county that wants me to go with him this year
Thats  a nice area,We usually stay at Olebull state park.Excellent area,heard bradford was great to.Good luck.
Dave

Offline Abramo43

• Fawn
« Reply #29 on: Sep 23, 2006, 05:26:26 PM »
Hey guys i'm new to this hunting forum, I bowhunt Southeastern Pa, mostly Chester County, anyone in here hunt around this area?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal