Author Topic: MAINE TURKEY HUNTING  (Read 1898 times)

Offline buckhunta

• 6 Pointer
MAINE TURKEY HUNTING
« on: Apr 11, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
Ive been hunting turkeys in maine for like 3 years now and with this weather i dont know what is happening its 4/11/07 and there talking about 2 more storms 8+ one tommorrow and then one in like a week so if you know anything repost thanks for the info

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN
people that steal other peoples stuff  are lower than whale on the bottom of the ocean

Offline Red

• Forked
Re: MAINE TURKEY HUNTING
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2007, 07:54:25 PM »
The storm tomorrow varies as far as how much we're getting depending how close to the coast you are... as far as next week well... I'm just gonna say that that is way to far in advance for the weathermen to make any sound judgement on - I am praying for rain...

Heck the last storm they said it was gonna be 5-9" on the coast and we got slammed with 18"!!!  So I'm waiting till it gets a little closer to try to make any plans.

I'm an inexperienced turkey hunter - only been turkey hunting 2 seasons so I'm not sure what they're up to at this point but gonna start looking at places to go for the opener and then wait on the weather - I'm not much help to you... but I'm checking around with my buddies to at least start to make some plans :)  Bad weather hasn't ever kept me inside!!   ;D

~Red

Offline buckhunta

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »
i live in rumford and were geeting 8-14 and then the one next week if its all snow 12+ idok whats gonna happen with the turkeys
IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN
people that steal other peoples stuff  are lower than whale on the bottom of the ocean

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2007, 06:21:51 PM »
One thing is certain. With all the snow the birds will be looking for food and thick cover to get away from the worst of the weather. Odds are the hens will be leading the way!

Offline buckhunta

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »
yeah thats what im afraid of i hate it when the toms just follow the hens and its like ur calling isnt even noticeable
IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal