Author Topic: Thank God for that Moose Tag!  (Read 11267 times)

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
Re: Thank God for that Moose Tag!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2014, 11:17:36 PM »
Absolutely beautiful Mule Deer ! Great pic's , Always wanted one , but so far nada ........congrats on a job well done !

Offline sra61

• Spiked
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2014, 11:44:33 PM »
Absolutely beautiful Mule Deer ! Great pic's , Always wanted one , but so far nada ........congrats on a job well done !
Thanks. I had been seeing all those does and no one else was hunting in there, so they were really unstressed. I just had the feeling something really nice might show up as long as I didn't pressure them. I had run into an old guy and his wife in July who have a mining claim back in that area, and something he said kept playing over and over in my head. He told me that I wouldn't see a lot of game, but what I did see would be pretty nice. The bull elk I killed turned out that way, so I just would go in every three or four days and just walk through once and then out. That day was the first day we had after the real cold spell and a little snow had come in, I just felt like I needed to be there! Sure glad I listened to that little voice!

Offline Lundin-loading

• Spiked
« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »
Your threads have all been amazing this season. I knew when you started posting that it was going to get good, but I had no idea it would get this good! Such an incredible Montana tri-fecta to show for all of your hard efforts. Thanks much for documenting all of this and taking the time to post it all. Its been so awesome to read about your adventures this season and waiting in anticipation for the next chapter.

Offline sra61

• Spiked
« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
Your threads have all been amazing this season. I knew when you started posting that it was going to get good, but I had no idea it would get this good! Such an incredible Montana tri-fecta to show for all of your hard efforts. Thanks much for documenting all of this and taking the time to post it all. Its been so awesome to read about your adventures this season and waiting in anticipation for the next chapter.
Thanks. It's fun to read back through the posts and see what my mind-set was like at different times. It was probably one of the most frustrating seasons in most ways. Never seeing your goal tends to weigh heavily as a long season wears on. One thing I hope everyone understands is that this isn't about bragging or blowing my own horn. Hopefully there might be something here for someone to learn from so that they too can be lucky enough to experience the kind of season that The Good Lord laid at my feet this fall. I have not one doubt that I could very well end up with an empty bag next season, I am thankful and hope everyone out there gets this kind of opportunity at least once in their lives! I enjoy reading about everyone's adventures and learn from their postings as well.

Offline SlickRockHounds

• Forked
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »
glad you filled some tgs, sorry it wasn't for moose, sounds like you didn't see any at all?  :'(

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2015, 08:01:42 AM »
Awesome season for you Sra61  ; Maybe I'll get lucky enough to take a trip out that a way  :) :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal