Hunting by Game/Technique > Turkey Hunting

voice calls

(1/6) > >>

reubenpa:
Anyone use their vioce to call in turkeys?

It is the only call I can figure out how to use, and I can do about anything I want to including gobble and it at least drives tame turkeys crazy...   Haven't had the chance to try it one wild ones yet...  I called a turkey in last fall, but I was in a tree stand for deer so it must have thought it strange that the turkey was still in a tree so it left after talking about 15 mintues. 

BuckShotJon:
I have been trying to do this for a while now. I have become pretty good with a goggle and yelp but I can't get the volume. This year before season I had the wife and kids in the car with me. There was a nice gobbler along side the road. I tried for the heck of it to see if it worked. He gobbled like crazy. I don't believe in preseason calling so we then left so not to disturb to much, but was amazed it worked.

Jon

reubenpa:
I have gotten some decent volume  ( people say I have a big mouth so maybe that is why!!!), but it strains the voice and the gobble gives me a headache!!!!  lol  Can't wait to really use it!!!

fastribs85:
i can use a box slate push button but my favorite is the diaphram calls i almost have some down with just my natural self but ill keep practiceing and rueb dont worry ive been practiceing for 7 years with calls did a lot of listening to tapes and stuff and lots of practice used to drive my parents and teachers crazy onl;y problem is when i find them they either spook before within range or run ouit of time or somone else shoots them

archbishop:
i can call with my voice but would never do it hunting because of coughing or squeaking while doing it but people think its pretty cool

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version