Author Topic: Deer Hunting  (Read 3076 times)

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
Deer Hunting
« on: Nov 16, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »
Well took my wife out friday afternoon ..we spotted some deer around 3:30 . We just watched them till dark . They were about 1 1/2 up the mountain  too far to hike that late. We seen two nice muley bucks chasing some hot does. So we would hit tje trail in the am.
Well parked the truck in the same spot started glassing ...wife said there is one...and one more. So we decide to wait a bit to see where they are heading too. I spot a hunter on top just hiking right too the deer we watched him and he sat on a groop of rocks . The deer see him by now im watching the buck we spotted lok at him . Well i hear a shot ...miss ..then i se the deer just stand up and roll over  down the hill then i hear the report of thesecond shot. Deer is dead sliding down the hill about 50 to 60 yards. My wife says darn that sucks ....then we hear one more shot...this is about 3 to 4 min. After the first buck dies ..the rest of the does come running out in the open...well guess he shot the bigger one too. We can only shoot one buck here in Montana. So we watch for about 1 hr. The hunter dont even go to the first deer at all. Well the wife is pissed by now!! She says lets find fish & game. There is a check station close . Well off we go ..we run right into a worden ..tell him everything . Back to the site we head.He looks in my spotting scope and yes there is the deer .dead . He tells me that is to far of a hike to go look ....he will just look for the truck or car and start there. Omg my wife is very pissed by now ..
So we hunt till almost dark and swing by the dead deer ...sure enough he is still there....no hunter ..no fish & game . Just a wasted  deer...hummm this sucks ...
We will look today for the deer ...any thoughts you guys ???

Mt.Perchman
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
Re: Deer Hunting
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
Well the deer is still there...bummer

Well we set off on a hike in a different spot ...1 1/2 miles in my wife spots a muley doe .. and then a few more with two bucks .
Im looking at the bucks and see one of them is nice . As we are looking at the big one he beds down. I range him and he is 289 yrds. Easy shot she tells me ...so we move up the trail a bit and find a tree for a good rest. Now we wait till he  gets up.
About 45 min. Later out toes are getting cold ..its about 10 or 11 degrees and a 10 to 15 mph.wind  he starts to get up. oh i haveto tell you the buck is straight up the mountain in some grassy and shale rock area. Well she shoots and the buck drops. It slides about 30 yards and stops on a large rock.
She stays at the bottom ..she lost 50% of her breathing from a thyroid surgery so she just watched me climb on all fours straight upto the deer . What a nice buck !!   22" wide and a 5 x 3  with dark horns .
Im having trouble with the pict. SORRY EVERYBODY.

MT.PERCHMAN
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal