Author Topic: Treestands  (Read 2315 times)

Offline redeyes

• Forked
  • nothings better than being out in the woods
Treestands
« on: Oct 16, 2004, 02:19:04 PM »
Im looking for a climber stand, to use during bowhunting/gun season. anyone know of or have used a stand thats well worth the money. I would like to spend less than $250. I have a ladder stand, but its heavy and bulky, i want a stand that is comfortable, easy to use and lightweight to throw on my back, sturdy.
red

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
Re: Treestands
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2004, 04:52:09 PM »
There's a ton  in that price range to choose from these days. Start with Cabelas and Bass Pro.
RG

Offline redeyes

• Forked
  • nothings better than being out in the woods
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2004, 05:54:22 PM »
can anyone recommend any good brand names, (ie. summit, ameristep)
red

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2004, 01:26:15 PM »
i just got a new stand my self this season its a summit viper you cant ask for a better stand its light and fast setting up and climbs cuietly my opinion would be this is the stand for you

Offline Swantucky

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2004, 09:45:53 AM »
    My buddy just bought his second Summit Viper and he loves them.  If I remember right you are a new hunter and a climber would be perfect for you to cover alot of ground and not overhunt one area.  As you can afford it I would buy some loc-on stands and have them set up in key locations so you can get in quietly and quickly if you have limited time after school or work.  If you hunt private land as I have posted before old t.v. towers painted camo work great for ladders and you can get stands at the end of the season an Meijers or whereever for about 30 bucks each.  The more locations you have set up to hunt the less chance of the deer patterning you or you overhunting a stand. Good luck.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2005, 02:09:42 PM »
summit is the tops in my book but if you just hit treestand in a search alot will pop up and with $250 to spend you can pretty much take your pic
you probably already got one since this is from last year what did you get and how do you like it?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal