Author Topic: i made it!!  (Read 2201 times)

Offline killditrite

• Forked
i made it!!
« on: Oct 16, 2004, 05:04:23 AM »
hey guys its me billD ! i dont hunt anymore,i used to plenty and ive got a story or two to tell.so i thought i would come over here and see what all the hub bub was about!!

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: i made it!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2004, 07:01:21 AM »
Hey, welcome buddy, I saw that name - killditrite - and said "that's got to be bild". Lets hear some stories and see some pics.  ;D

Offline killditrite

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2004, 07:25:05 AM »
ok heres one...i was a teenager hunting out of my treestand . had never shot a buck but had a couple does under my belt.i heard a shot that was very close when a six pointer came running over the top of a ridge i was sitting on the other side of.he ran over the top and stopped about 40 yds in front of me.i was using my uncles 20 guage pump shotgun and spined him with the first shot.not knowing where i had hit it and being inexperienced i kept shootin as he weas trying to get up...ill take a headshot, first one missed,second one blew BOTH antlers off at the base!!first buck six pointer,reduced to a spike with a broken off pair of antlers to prove what he once was. took a lot of ribbing for that one ill try to find the pic

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2004, 10:25:37 AM by killditrite »

Offline killditrite

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2004, 10:29:06 AM »
here i am trying to figure out how the antlers go!!always wished id been looking at the camera!back then you didnt know it was a lousy pic till you got it developed.but i was i think 16 at the time and my dad has never let me live it down
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2004, 10:31:06 AM by killditrite »

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2004, 08:18:34 PM »
Hey it's fun to see the picture wether you looking at the camera or not. ......I got a spike horn last year and he ran into a tree after I shot him, and broke off one of his spikes.......maybe that's what killed him.?

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2004, 03:42:03 PM »
Welcome!!  Glad you could make it. ;D  I shot a 7 pt. one time many years ago and it ran 150 yards right at me and fell over on a big rock ledge below my stand knocking one sie of his rack off. ::)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2005, 02:19:28 PM »
to keep with the theme i once seen a half rack 3 points stuck in a fence must have hit it running and broke off trying to free itself

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2005, 04:14:40 PM »
my and my dad were driving down I-91 one time and about 100 yards of the road in a corn field were two deer one looked like it was a least 12 points and the other would of but it only had half a rack, they were both still in velvet
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline Hitem hard

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2005, 04:31:30 PM »
 My buddy shot a nice eight point ,muzzle loading three years ago. After gutting we started the drag
about half way thru the antler he had came off in his hand. The other came off about twenty yards later. The looks we got at the tagging station!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal