Author Topic: Lets see some pics...  (Read 16936 times)

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
Lets see some pics...
« on: Oct 20, 2012, 02:53:45 PM »
Is anyone else chasing birds?What is your favorite bird to target?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Lets see some pics...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2012, 03:17:34 PM »
I posted a few on the NH page. Upland hands down for me Grouse and bunnys. I enjoy upland alot. Useto waterfowl but get no enjoyment out of it need to be in the woods.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »
here's a pic from last monday up to camp. rained hard and the wind blew but i managed 6 w/ my 8month old griffon. we see a ton of road birds but after you hunt w/ dogs, ground swattin' aint nearly as fun so we drove by 'em.

i have some go pro video too buts its kinda long and takes forever to download to photobucket. plus, im not sure how to actually post em once they are on there.

for you rabbit hunters, this is a few pics from last winter. we ended up w/ a total of 98.

this was a bad day, it was -15 in jackman

bored yet?!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »
Nice pics. 8) Congrats on the birds and the rabbits.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2012, 06:01:50 PM »
X2! What is that sidexside you are holding? I want one for bunny's easier to carry then over unders and have a tendency to shoot low which is perfect for stuff on the ground............
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2012, 06:02:47 PM by aquaassassin »

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
its a stoeger 20ga, double trigger. youll notice i went back to my 1187 upland special 20ga after the jackman pic. my stoeger didint go off three times up there that day and another guy had an o/u stoeger that didnt go off once also. when that happens i lose all confidence in a gun. what can you expect for $329.00 out the door though right. i know it was cold but i use a non oil based dry lube spray (hornady one shot) so it wasnt freeze up in that regaurd. i think gettin in a warm truck then out to hunt then back in and then out again built up condensation and thats what made the firing pin springs stick. prob never happen again buttttt.......my remmy has never not gone boom in any conditions ive been in. either of em, yes i have a twin pair 8) one semi gloss for upland and one i refinished dull w/ linseed for a "beater" ducks, rabbits etc

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »
That is what I have been questioning so far............ ALL the double barrels sidexside or O/U are like 2500+ brand new but those stoegers are like 3 bills if you don't get a single trigger so I have been scared to get one..........

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
Very nice pictures...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »
The pic with Eric did those rabbits go to you guys total or his and C.J.'s total? HAHAHAHAHA! Cool pics!

not sure, lmao, we met up around 1 oclock that day and we had 6 by then and brady had 2 then we put all the dogs down and eric shot the 9th. we only counted our 6 that chris's dogs run lol. they ended up w/ like 130 or 132 rabbits so a handfull here or there i dont think would have made much differance to them boys lol :P we should have been around 115 but we missed a few ::)

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »
That is what I have been questioning so far............ ALL the double barrels sidexside or O/U are like 2500+ brand new but those stoegers are like 3 bills if you don't get a single trigger so I have been scared to get one..........

you dont like double triggers? i never did but after a few hunts and a couple boxes of skeet i now prefer it over a single. that gun doesnt get much hunting time anymore, im waiting to find somehtin else i want then use it for bartering material

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »
I don't mind the double trigs at all just noticed they are cheaper is all.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »
oh, gotchya. i was really liking that friggin gun untill it went click too. its kinda disapointing. the other fella who has the o/u hasnt had any issues since though....plus on the otherhand, when they run in pairs and triples in march i like my semi and im not afraid to UUUUUuuuuuussssse iiiiittt ;D 8) i have a brilyes extended tube full choke and i can reach down the roads 60yds pretty easy w/ 2 3/4 #5's and fold em like a lawn chair lol

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »
Nice pictures. Wish we still had hunting for whites like that. Years ago it was good. Not so these days but there are a few to be had....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
Awesome pictures.... Thanks for sharing. Those Grifons are such cool looking dogs. My cousin had one that was fun to hunt with, he was very slow on the ground but he did not miss a thing.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2012, 01:39:15 PM »
slow working dogs are better usually. you'll put more birds in the bag 9 times out of 10. they are slower hunters because they are more methodical and more thorough ;) we have a litter coming at the end of the month, you should have one lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal