Author Topic: moose sheep goat  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Nubbie
moose sheep goat
« on: Apr 09, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
get your applications in if you want too have a chance at one of the tags....
Matt

Offline Ouzel

• Spiked
Re: moose sheep goat
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »

>:(
Idaho sucks in this area, one can put ONLY for one specie at a time and putting in for any of the three eliminates you from being able to put in for a controlled hunt for deer, elk , or antelope.  >:(
I have written many letters over the years trying to explain just how much money the greedy ones at IDF&G were missing in application fees just from my immediate family, thinking their greed would bring them to reality. They hate being compared to Wyomings way of dealing with tags/apps.

Rant/Vent over.

Ouzel

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
I actually like this way, it gives the people who want a one in a lifetime tag alittle better odds and the same with the guys that have no interest in putting in get better odds for Deer, Antelope, and elk, you still can apply for unlimited tags, which is what I do, you still can have some good hunts, you just have too actually work instead of ride a 4 wheeler around and shoot one...... ;D
Matt

Offline Ouzel

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2012, 06:29:34 PM »
I am glad you like it, you have your opinion and I have mine

Sounds almost verbatim to the diatribe that IDF&G replied to me with in every letter and phone call to them.

You have evidently never gotten to have the enjoyment of being able to apply for any and all species that you cared to apply for? (See Wyoming)

That being said, I continue to apply for my sheep tag in Idaho, Oregon, Wyoming.
and FWIW,  my immediate family including mtself have drawn and killed 8 moose over the years.

I have 7 head of mules and 4 horses that haul us away from the crowds. The only gas powered units we have in the woods is our coleman stove and lanterns, well sometimes we have a chainsaw to help clear blowdown on trails in the summer during rides.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2012, 11:14:38 AM »
well keep applying for sheep, sounds like you have the other stuff figured out, you can buy almost any over the counter tag you choose and get away from the crowds, so why make a big deal about not applying for other species?

this is what I do, every other year I apply for moose, sheep, or goat, than every other year I apply for deer and elk, and archery pronghorn, also the archery pronghorn second season is unlimited and there are plenty of over the counter deer units, and for elk I just go compete with the wolves in hard too access place's,

and yes I go too wyoming every year I don't get a moose, sheep, or goat tag, and there is montana that's pretty good, this is a free country there are so many places too hunt, and life is too short too b#tc* about stuff... go hunt what you can and enjoy it too the fullest,

and yes we all are entitled too our opinions.....
Matt

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal