Author Topic: Mock scrape  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Dirt23

• Forked
Mock scrape
« on: Oct 12, 2021, 05:52:41 AM »
Put my mock scrape in September 22 went and checked card Sunday and to my surprise getting hit good.  I did scrape on a bench that connects oaks to a large green piece that has buck sign on it every year and there's piles of nuts.  The scrape I created is in middle of run honed it out nice and took a single beech branch about 5 feet long about inch and a half in diameter and hung bottom of it about hip high then took a leak on bare dirt.  The first night had multiple does checking it out rubbing preorbital scent on branch ,deer haven't been there every day but when they hit that run they definitely stop sniff and give it a rub.  After a week of does doing this had 3 different bucks on it the shooter large wide 9 have it some attention never actually rubbed his face on it but spent a couple minutes sniffing it over.  The velvatine spiker that checked it spent 5 minutes at it rubbing his little face all over that thing. Pretty excited hope this becomes serious scent post as things ramp up, now I know it's getting hit not gonna set foot in there till it's time to fling lead.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Mock scrape
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2021, 06:27:49 AM »
Nice! Glad to hear.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2021, 08:13:48 AM »
Nice hopefully that big 9 keeps checking it out and you catch him there.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2021, 08:45:24 AM »
I like my branches a bit higher but apparently it’s working fine

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2021, 12:26:11 PM »
Tried one of those mocks and I am having the same results I got 2 different bucks playing with mine

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2021, 12:52:02 PM »
Put my mock scrape in September 22 went and checked card Sunday and to my surprise getting hit good.  I did scrape on a bench that connects oaks to a large green piece that has buck sign on it every year and there's piles of nuts.  The scrape I created is in middle of run honed it out nice and took a single beech branch about 5 feet long about inch and a half in diameter and hung bottom of it about hip high then took a leak on bare dirt.  The first night had multiple does checking it out rubbing preorbital scent on branch ,deer haven't been there every day but when they hit that run they definitely stop sniff and give it a rub.  After a week of does doing this had 3 different bucks on it the shooter large wide 9 have it some attention never actually rubbed his face on it but spent a couple minutes sniffing it over.  The velvatine spiker that checked it spent 5 minutes at it rubbing his little face all over that thing. Pretty excited hope this becomes serious scent post as things ramp up, now I know it's getting hit not gonna set foot in there till it's time to fling lead.
Thats awesome Dirt! Sounds about like what we got going on. We scouted out a piece adjacent to our camp property. Old log road that parallels a field edge. Striped maple with the huge leaves, hung over the road and I started a scrape. I took a leak on it and set up my Spypoint and another WGI cam set on video. That scrape got visited by some does and young bucks. Three weeks later I touched the licking branch up with some Black Widow Branch Butter and sprayed some extreme interest into the scrape. The does started pounding it along with three different 1.5 year olds. Then I got a beautiful 8 point that I estimated at 3.5 yo in broad day light. Few days later my hit list buck, Mr. Crabs, showed up. He is at least 6.5 yo. Been watching him for 4 years on camera and haven't sealed the deal. Went in the other day and pulled cards from the WGI. Fun watching the videos of the young bucks working the licking branch. Good Luck Dirt!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2021, 06:35:14 PM »
Go get em Aaron!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2021, 03:18:33 AM »
Go get em Aaron!

Thanks Frank! Here's the guy!'

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2021, 01:41:54 PM »
Yessa

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2021, 06:33:19 PM »
Nice buck good luck after him!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2021, 08:16:52 PM »
Let's hope this is the year for ya

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal