Author Topic: NH Big Cat sighting!  (Read 1384 times)

Offline newfound

• 6 Pointer
NH Big Cat sighting!
« on: Jul 20, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »
Hi all,

not sure if fish and game is now recognizing we have Cougars now or not.
This is a facebook chat session today with an old friend that lives in Brookfield, NH  near Wakefield.

12:24pmChristopher
My summers going ok. How's yours going? BTW, I saw a Mt. Lion on my property the other day.

12:33pmScott
no way, a cougar?
was she Hot?
fish and game won't admit we have them.

12:36pmScott
sure it wasn't a Lynx?

12:37pmChristopher
I'm 100% certain it was a cougar. It passed 20yds in front of me and then crossed the road. Fish and game will have no option once one attacks a human. Trust me you can not mistake this animal for anything else when you see one so close. I was weaponless and was shitting my pants. I'll never go in the woods again without a side-arm.

Newfound Bloodhound

Offline BigRedDodge1500

• 6 Pointer
Re: NH Big Cat sighting!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »
There in New England.  I have seen this discussion go around and around between people.  And the conclusion that i have come to is that anyone who has ever had an experience knows what they saw and other just haven't been there yet.  I personally had an experience in WMASS when i was 17 after school where I had one come by my tree stand in a snowstorm.  I also worked at a sporting goods store for close to five years and had numerous outdoorsman come in to buy new trail cams to get pics of a cougar they had been frequently seeing or seeing signs of.  It brings me to the story that were no Wolves in MA until a couple years a ago a farmer in Shelburne shot one out of his sheep pasture.  The state still denies it was a natural wolve adn that it was a pet or animal someone smuggled their becuase of reasons unknown heres a link to the article.

http://www.recorder.com/story.cfm?id_no=4560547

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal