Author Topic: spring gobbler season  (Read 6449 times)

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
Re: spring gobbler season
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
as mentioned before, I dont call...an educated bird stays alive...I like 'em dead!
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
as mentioned before, I dont call...an educated bird stays alive...I like 'em dead!

One of the best lessons for a turkey hunter. Wish everyone understood that.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2011, 08:06:06 PM »
whats worse is when you know others are scouting it too and potentially scarin off the birds...I strive for seclusion from everything!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2011, 08:27:26 PM »
My father likes hunting those pressured or spooked birds. Last year (or the previous) he started hunting a bird that showed up a week or so into the season. Every time he'd call the tom would go the other way. He finally shot it the last week and found the fan was a mess, looked like someone had shot at it and scared it over the creek. He had shot another long beard in the middle, but was fixed on that bird. He usually get his focus on one bird and hunts it until he gets it or runs out of season.

Offline SMLA REBEL

• Spiked
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
Man i can't wait to start scoutin and huntin. I think this season is going to be my first year i get a bird.

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »
im just about finished scoutin...hit up 4 spots with 1 more spot and thats your cabin, smlarebel...I was up Red Rock Mtn yesterday...8-10" snow still there so you have the same at the cabin...maybe by the middle of the season we can get up there!

Offline SMLA REBEL

• Spiked
« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »
I'm hoping to get up there in the middle of April. I'm going to start scoutin until the first weekend of April.

Offline chez

• Forked
« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »
SEEN TWO BEAUTIFUL BIRDS STRUTTING TODAY OFF RT.92 BY SAINT MIKES.GEATS YOUR HEART PUMPING EVERY TIME.I CANT AGREE MORE ABOUT NOT EDGUCATING THE BIRDSEVEN THE YOUNG ONES GET SMART.GOOD LUCK GUYS.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Apr 19, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
Good luck to you too! I've got to work the first day so i will only be out for an hour or so .
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline chez

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Apr 20, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »
THATS ALL IT TAKE BROTHER ONE HOUR AND YOU CAN BE DONE GIVE THEM HELL.I LOVE TO HUNT THE LAST 2 WEEKS.I DONT GO OUT THE FIRST DAY. I WILL BE AT SNOWHILL FOR TROUT THE SECOND STOCKING. ITS TRADITION.CANT WAIT.GREAT TIME.HUNT THE LAST TWO WEEKS THE BIRDS ARE F**C*N NUTS.GET BIGGER BIRDS.GOOD LUCK BROTHER.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal