Author Topic: Anybodies blood pumping for hunting?!  (Read 5275 times)

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
Anybodies blood pumping for hunting?!
« on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:31:38 PM »
Hey lets get the party started here, I am starting to get excited to hunt, just talked moose with the father inlaw, man am I starting to get excited.
So what plans are you guys making for this year? I don't have a spring hunt planned (so feel free to invite me along), but I do have the annual moose hunt in mind plus lots of deer hunting, I hope to try some hunts I haven't done yet like geese and duck, but the biggest excitement for me right now is I plan to buy a new deer gun this spring (A-bolt, .243wssm). anyone else??

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
Re: Anybodies blood pumping for hunting?!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2006, 12:41:14 AM »
It's hard not to get excited about fall hunting. I don't think it's to early to start getting ready. Like shooting, fitness, getting the gear lined out.
   The problem with hunting and fishing in the fall there just is not enough time to do it all.

I am going to spring Turkey hunt.
Archery Antelope/ Fall
Archery Deer probably Mule Deer/ Fall in my home State Wyoming.
Archery Elk/fall
Archery Whitetail/ out of State
can't forget Birds Goose/Pheasants/Sharptails
 Also try to fit some fishing in.
That is a great rifle. Make sure to let us know how that A bolt 243 shoots I'll bet sooo! sweet.   

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »
It's hard not to get excited about fall hunting. I don't think it's to early to start getting ready. Like shooting, fitness, getting the gear lined out.
   The problem with hunting and fishing in the fall there just is not enough time to do it all.

I am going to spring Turkey hunt.
Archery Antelope/ Fall
Archery Deer probably Mule Deer/ Fall in my home State Wyoming.
Archery Elk/fall
Archery Whitetail/ out of State
can't forget Birds Goose/Pheasants/Sharptails
 Also try to fit some fishing in.
That is a great rifle. Make sure to let us know how that A bolt 243 shoots I'll bet sooo! sweet.   

WOW.......the quote: "so much hunting....so little time"......must be one of yours  ;D
Blue Igloo
"we don't remember days....only moments"

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »
 Well blood is definetly pumping already got that Turkey and with Bow now it is on to Bear. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline roscoe

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2006, 09:36:23 PM »
Hey lets get the party started here, I am starting to get excited to hunt, just talked moose with the father inlaw, man am I starting to get excited.
So what plans are you guys making for this year? I don't have a spring hunt planned (so feel free to invite me along), but I do have the annual moose hunt in mind plus lots of deer hunting, I hope to try some hunts I haven't done yet like geese and duck, but the biggest excitement for me right now is I plan to buy a new deer gun this spring (A-bolt, .243wssm). anyone else??
I'm sure you'll like the a-bolt fly-in. I had a hunter and i just purchased a stainless stalker in 243 win.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
I may have changed my mind about what gun I will buy, I have a hard time justifiing buying a more expensive rifle (A-bolt) if a cheeper one will do (a winchester).

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2006, 08:24:10 PM »
Man I just can't seem to get my mind off the game
Tryed for bear and turkey again this year........ set my own baits and had a great time..... saw alot of bears not so many turkeys.......Oh and I just got a new bow a Hoyt X-tec man is it nice no shock on my gimp elbow any more........Shooting 60 yards and getting fairly consistent..... will need to be if I am going to get my Caribou this year........ Yup going guiding again this year...... and of course the whiley white tails...... always a pleasure
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2006, 01:53:34 PM »
I am taking possition of 80acres on friday, then I guess I will have to scout out my land and get a stand or two up for the comming season. I also just put my name on a .243wssm a-bolt at SIR I just have to wait for it to come in (hopfully before High power season).

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2006, 10:20:20 PM »
Sounds like good bit to hunt on. And I love that rifle, and like you said hope you get it before rifle season in 06.
Got a new bow. A hoyt X-tec so it means a lot of shooting for me. I'll miss the beginning of deer achery because I have to go up north and guide and hunt for Caribou again oh woe is me. Don't you all feel sorry for me?
Any ways with the crop comming off early and all sure gets the blood pumping for the hunt.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2006, 09:22:33 AM »
TK, one day I will meet your outfitter friend, then that will be the year I make my way north with you.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 2006, 02:07:58 AM »
sounds good to me fly-in
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2006, 09:10:26 AM »
Man my blood is pumping alright we have been scouting hard already for the last 2 weeks not bad sign but it will get better set up some stands going to check out a stand today and see if there is any deer sign aroung the treestand  ;D ;D. This is going to be my first time out for deer with bow and boy am I ever excited also going to go do a bit of bear hunting this fall because I didn't get my chance in the spring  ;D ;D.

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Aug 21, 2006, 09:30:02 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you, I have to find a spot to put up a stand. I've been walking my land looking for deer sign too, but I haven't seen too many good spots for a stand. It could take a few years to get my land setup, I've been making trails, I might make some water holes.

Is it legal to make food plots in manitoba? I have a good place to make a plot, but I don't want trouble.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Aug 23, 2006, 04:49:23 PM »
 From what I have heard it is if you are planting the plant source stricling for the purpose of deer hunting  ;D ;D.

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Aug 24, 2006, 08:34:20 AM »
From what I have heard it is if you are planting the plant source stricling for the purpose of deer hunting  ;D ;D.

? it is which? legal, or illegal? I was thinking I could just throw some handfulls of alfalfa on my field. Or else I could just not rent out my field next year and seed alfalfa or grain. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal