Author Topic: 7mm wsm Browning Boss tuning  (Read 6904 times)

Offline camoshack

• Nubbie
7mm wsm Browning Boss tuning
« on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »
Anyone have a Browning 7mm wsm with the BOSS?  I'd like to compare notes on tuning the BOSS. 

Offline yoodle dog

• Nubbie
Re: 7mm wsm Browning Boss tuning
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 06:22:11 PM »
Anyone have a Browning 7mm wsm with the BOSS?  I'd like to compare notes on tuning the BOSS. 

I got the M1000 elcipse with the BOSS.  What were you wundering?

Offline camoshack

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2009, 08:40:39 AM »
I got the M1000 elcipse with the BOSS.  What were you wundering?
I'm interested in hearing what others have found for the "sweet spot" for this caliber and gun.  I'm using Winchester 160 gr. Acubond bullets.  After about 100 rounds of 3 shot groups I seem to be very close having this rifle dialed in but I'm still curious about what others have found for the same gun/bullet combination.

I should have also noted my rifle is an A-Bolt stainless stalker.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2009, 10:20:38 AM by camoshack »

Offline yoodle dog

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »
I am shooting 140 grain Nosler Ballistic Silvertips.  They didn't list the sweet spot for this ammo on the Browning web site.  I phoned Browning and they had the info for this ammo and gave me the sweet spot.  It was pretty close.  I think I used a box and a half to site in.  I was a little rushed when sighting it in so I am going to play with it more this summer.  I had a couple shots touch at 100 yards.

Offline camoshack

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »
Thanks for the info. yoodle dog.  I'll have to give Browning a call since they don't list the sweet spot for my ammo.  I think I'm close with the BOSS set at 4.00 but want to be sure before going through more ammo.  At this BOSS setting I produced a 1/2" - 3 shot group with bullets just touching.  Its more than adequate for hunting but I'd like to see how tight I can get it.

Offline camoshack

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2009, 02:16:41 PM »
I called Browning, they were absolutely no help.  All they have is an outdated sweet spot chart(which I have) for mostly outdated ammunition like the failsafe.  They have no data for the 160 gr. Acubond. ???

Offline yoodle dog

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2009, 02:31:56 PM »
I called Browning, they were absolutely no help.  All they have is an outdated sweet spot chart(which I have) for mostly outdated ammunition like the failsafe.  They have no data for the 160 gr. Acubond. ???
Was that Browning Canada or in the USA?  I had a bad experience with Browning Canada.  The lady hung up on me.  I called back and asked to speak to whoever was in charge and got the same ?@#!$.

Offline camoshack

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:09:55 PM »
It was Browning USA that I called about BOSS tuning.  They don't seem to give *$#^ about servicing regular customers.  I had a bad experience with a local dealer when I bought my rifle, when I called Browning to inform them of how poorly they were being represented the Browning Canada lady did seem to care.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal