Author Topic: 2006 hunt  (Read 2171 times)

Offline brian d

• Forked
2006 hunt
« on: Nov 29, 2006, 11:10:13 AM »
Well are hunt is over and we have a whole year to think what we did right and wrong.
I never got my monster buck, but I got a respectful 4x4.
Weather was perfect. It was cold, it snowed every night. The deer were really moving for us.
We got one more buck, and had no problem filling our doe tags we had left.
We saw a good number of bucks, but we have all winter now to think about what we did wrong.
We head up in 2 weeks for our moose hunt. We phoned ahead to have a bull tied up close to the road this time.
Word has it the moose up by Bisset haven't been moving much yet! With any luck it will get real cold soon for a 2 week span

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
Re: 2006 hunt
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2006, 01:53:50 PM »
I've been hunting moose early season out at bisset for four years now and haven't even had one respond to a call, but good luck anyway. Maybe one year I will try a late season hunt, the problem is that with the "roads, trails, and waterways" rules, the trail to our cabin is not on the map (good thing really), so I'm thinking about sending someone in to icefish with the snowmobile then just follow with x-country skis, other then that I would have to fly in.

Offline brian d

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2006, 03:24:32 PM »
For moose we generally hunt alberta or in the ducks. So where we are going is somewhat of a new experience for us. The only ace in the hole is that we are going with locals who got there moose in the early season.
We tend to hunt late season that there is less rush to get the moose into a cooler before spoilage sets in.

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:03:23 AM »
We tend to hunt late season that there is less rush to get the moose into a cooler before spoilage sets in.

That's a BIG bonus when you're dealing with so much meat  :D
Isn't out of Province tags for moose expensive  ???
Blue Igloo
"we don't remember days....only moments"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal