Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 1545 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Thanksgiving
« on: Nov 24, 2016, 03:02:44 AM »

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!  Let us not forget all the veterans out there on this day that have made a safe
               place to live! And if you're hunting today be safe out there!

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2016, 05:42:05 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2016, 05:42:45 AM by monk »
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

FrankM

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2016, 03:20:13 PM »
X3

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving fellas! We hit up the duck pond this morning.  My cousin got his first band. Eat up best day of the year
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline fishnmachine

• 8 Pointer
  • Take 'em!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2016, 04:22:33 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!   ;D
It'll chew...

Offline seags

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2016, 02:32:11 AM »
 Yes T-day or thanksgiving was good for me and my parents.
 My  mother and father went to my sister's house (I guess they had a house full) I chose  not go.
My sister is cool; as with her 4 children which I love them, Kyle, Emily, Riley, and Gianna.
Kyle or as I call him KyJo or little bear, he is 10-11. We have been playing baseball since he was 2.
I made him a batting tee out PVC pipe when he was little; we would play baseball in the garage.
I told him a long time ago, we only can play until something gets broke; he thinks he is Jeter or Mike Trout, he has been on traveling baseball team since he was 5, that boy has played more baseball in more states then we can think of. He is in the fourth grade, and high school scouts are already watching him, he likes to catch or play right; he has an 8th grade reading level highly excellerated, all he wants to do is play baseball, do Lego's and read and he is only 11.
  When KyJo comes over he ask Uncle Brian can we play baseball or if it is raining out side, he likes to look at my baseball cards or play the football game (Tudor electric football, you know where the players run all over the board) or sometime I will "egg" him on, and tell him to ask Papa if we can play baseball in the garage, and Papa (my dad) will say No, something will get broke.
I can remember when little bear was about 3 or 4 he stayed over night, I taught him to play floor hockey in the kitchen, (I did have a few whiskey's in me) and this was about 11 at night, dad came down stairs and blew the whistle and said game over, KyJo said we are going into over-time, and said  I am Patrick Kane; well I guess that I was Ken Dryden as the goalie.
My little bear has the talent, but I have no talent well except for high school wrestling (I had a free ride during school, I did what I wanted to do, now at 46 years young {not the Bears 46 Defense} . Now this this is why I live on ice for my knee's, Kyle likes to watch the Packers or the Cubs. His head is screwed up.
Emily is 9 well going on 29, she is a tough ass like her mother, me and dad thinks she should play roller derby.
About 2 years ago Riley stayed over, mom and her made and baked cookies , later that night I was upstairs to see what was going on, mom and Riley where laying down after cookies and milk (I do not do cookies, too much on the computer) so any way after going up-stairs, little Riley said to my mom, "her comes trouble maker" meaning me.
And little G about 4 years of age, she knows GG my mom as GG is grandma Geri and Papa (my Father) when little G comes over,she likes to hide, then she ask uncle Brian where to hide and give a good place to hide so Papa can find me, it is a hide and seek, I told her to go and hide in the up-stairs closet or go into the up stairs bathroom so that Papa can find you.
So anyway I did not go to my sister's house so #1 I can not deal with her husband (brother in-law) he is great with children, he owns his company, he is a good provider, but he has the common sense of a house plant or Salisbury steak.
 So mom took over a apple pie which she made as with a meat and cheese tray, and a weird cracker spread; as with a home-made tomato soup, and Mom did save me about a a quart of the soup. I was at the house today by myself and had the soup, (great on a rainy day; I was passing the time working and cleaning on my shop table, never ending project, but getting there)
I took time out for breakfast this morning with bacon-eggs-wheat toast and tea, always tea.
I did watch the early football game Lions-Vikings; It is me but that game ranked third in my book on thanksgiving; yea my number 1 was Bears-Lions when they went into OT and Williams did a run back for a TD and number 2 was the Cowboys-Dolphins when it snowed in Dallas.
Ok, I did slice some tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pepper jack cheese and some turkey on wheat.
I am sorry to vent or type; I was just on a roll.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal