Author Topic: DNR's proposed increase in license fees  (Read 2074 times)

Offline usmarine2001

• Nubbie
DNR's proposed increase in license fees
« on: Jan 18, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »
Just wanted to know what everyone thinks of it, if they do raise them I'll be done hunting.

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
Re: DNR's proposed increase in license fees
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2007, 11:05:52 AM »
It kind of upsets me but if the monies are put to good use, I could get used to paying more for licenses. It's just that I buy ALOT of fish and game licenses! I want to see noticeable improvements around the state game areas that I frequently use all season long.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »
Be assured that very close to none of the additional revenue that is gained by the license increase will be used for  hunting or fishing management purposes. This is why I so strongly oppose the increase. The majority of any of the added revenue that is set aside for the benefit of any natural resources (which won't be very much at all) will go to environmental functions. All this increase will do for hunting and fishing is boost the temptation for poaching. And since we don't have hardly any DNR officers to control it, it will skyrocket!
This state (government) sees next to no benefit in supporting hunting and fishing and therefore won't do much for us.
This is why I donate as much as possible to the private clubs like Whitetails Unlimited, QDMA, etc. At least then I know ALL of that money supports those interests.

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2007, 07:16:08 AM »
the additional money will stay in the fish and game fund, and with such a budget deficit..i dont really see any other options...its a horrible spot the states in really, trying to attract new hunters and fishers, but you cannot afford to run the Dnr properly.

even with the licsence increase guys..really think how good of a deal it is  for the amount you use it, even if fishing licesnses were 40 dollars, what would it cost you for one night out with your wife/gf?? alot more then that....its really not that bad guys...and now with money earned for the fish and game fund being forced to stay there..this will help, we cannot keep being so cheap and expect better services!

the people we should be mad at are the politicians of the late 1990's...you know..the ones who were managing a state surplus of damn near a billion dollars..why werent problems fixed then when we had the money?
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal