Author Topic: 1st nite in tree stand 4 bear  (Read 10221 times)

Offline atplayart

• Forked
1st nite in tree stand 4 bear
« on: May 12, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »
leaving 4  the 1st sit in tree stand for bear this year  bait is hit  hope big un comes in :)

Online Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: 1st nite in tree stand 4 bear
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »
Good luck.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:30:09 PM »
Good luck!!

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »
well it was a memorable sit-- friend got his 1st bear ever it came in after only 45 minutes in stand -- i was filming  --an i shud be shot also--- brand new camera--  has two buttons to film  -- one 4 stills an one for movies--  i hit wrong button an got 1 photo -- typical me -- wooda been gr8 footage 20 yards broadside --he made a gr8 shot with bow an bear went 125yards-- with a gr8 bloodtrail--beautiful  brown colourfaze bear-- about 5 1/5 'long  ---he pretty happy to say the least lol --- don't no how to post pics sorry bout that -- gonna try to talk him into doing it he also has a little video of the bear on his cell b4 he shot it ---an i on dial-up connection an he on highspeed--- anyone else out there hunting bears  --why don't many people post here ?

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:46:06 AM »
Congrats to your friend! 

Offline Mearzy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »
anyone else out there hunting bears  --why don't many people post here ?

Most of us aren't fortunate to have a spring bear season, most states just offer a fall season.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »

[/quote]           Wish we had a spring Bear Season some day they  may say we have a real problem and open it up ....

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »

Wish we had a spring Bear Season some day they  may say we have a real problem and open it up ....
            Never happen, the law makers are set in their ways & won't change that much. ::)

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 06:42:12 AM »
Used to hunt bear every year , then the partners slowly filtered away and I had hoped that maybe this year I would , but the fellow who was interested  seems to have other things going on again so ? Maybe a fall hunt will be in order ?? Would love a color phase bear ! Have shoot so many Black  color black bears that I don't know if I would shoot anything unless it's a color that I like .Where abouts do you hunt ? I had a huge ( Book ) brown bear hanging around a bait pile a few years ago , never personally saw it ,but a friend who I let hunt there as well saw it a few times apparently ? I got a Book  black bear that year from that stand ,aged at 23 years old according to my paper that I got when I sent in the eye tooth ( I think it was the eye tooth )............

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »
Used to hunt bear every year , then the partners slowly filtered away and I had hoped that maybe this year I would , but the fellow who was interested  seems to have other things going on again so ? Maybe a fall hunt will be in order ?? Would love a color phase bear ! Have shoot so many Black  color black bears that I don't know if I would shoot anything unless it's a color that I like .Where abouts do you hunt ? I had a huge ( Book ) brown bear hanging around a bait pile a few years ago , never personally saw it ,but a friend who I let hunt there as well saw it a few times apparently ? I got a Book  black bear that year from that stand ,aged at 23 years old according to my paper that I got when I sent in the eye tooth ( I think it was the eye tooth )............

i hunt in manitoba  45 minutes north of  winnipeg   patricia beach ---   where do u hunt ---  i usually hav 3-4 baits out  --- an i hav shot lots of bears-- will only shoot colour phaze or monsters unless they nasty or trouble makers on my property -- i hav friends who sometimes get out an hunt but lots of times i hav active stands  that don't get hunted ---last year on my 80acres  (actually most of it was on about 5acres) under my oak trees there was 100 lbs of bearpoop if there was an ounce ---had to wear boots if u were walking there there was so much of it

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »

Do you have any pics of the bear or a video. ???

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
Hey atplayart , I used to hunt in the Sandilands area , lots of bears , but as good as all black ! Got some real big bodied bears out there .Used to have up to six baits stands to start out with and when we knew which ones were productive ,well those are the ones we hunted .Was even going to become a outfitter at one point ,had enough requests , but it's a lot of work and I don't like the thought of only me being out there . You have to post some pictures of the bears that you guys take

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 05:47:30 AM »
Hey Atplayart   ;  X- 2   Do you have any pic's you could post 

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
Hey atplayart , I used to hunt in the Sandilands area , lots of bears , but as good as all black ! Got some real big bodied bears out there .Used to have up to six baits stands to start out with and when we knew which ones were productive ,well those are the ones we hunted .Was even going to become a outfitter at one point ,had enough requests , but it's a lot of work and I don't like the thought of only me being out there . You have to post some pictures of the bears that you guys take

i used to hunt sandilands  i think was the # forestry road13   just east of richer an north of #1 when i lived in wpg   (st vital)---moved out t0 patricia beach in 2000--- hav hunted here since--windwalker pm  me so we can talk--- maybe you will want to hunt a bait out here

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 09:55:15 AM »
http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=5757.0   this is a link to where droberts posted some of my bear pics will post some more if i ever figure out how

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal