Author Topic: The New S.I.R.  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Blaze Orange

• Forked
The New S.I.R.
« on: Aug 12, 2005, 12:06:35 PM »
HAs anyone been to this store. It is alot better now. I was there yesterday and wow. It took me  2 hours and i didnt even look at every thing. Good hunting and fishing store. Old stock Camo is on for 50% off right now and new stock is 30% off. Just a heads up for the hardcore hunters out there. It has moved just donw elice not even a block. Turn right at the lights when you come for behind the stadium and you will see it.
never fails, when you need to take a leak you miss the big one.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
Re: The New S.I.R.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2005, 03:35:07 PM »
I was there on wed. it is way better, it is still not cabela's, but they don't have to be for me to shop there (I like the fact I don't have to pay duty). The sales staff were soo good, I had a question and they knew their stuff. I wanted to buy arrows and they didn't have them in stock so the guy told me to go to Heights, but anyway that is okay. It is so big, I think I spent more then 2hrs there (my wife didn't mind, okay she did, it was the money I could spend that bothered her thought). It does have most everything you need but it won't replace the speicalty stores (heights, fishing hole).

Offline camo

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2005, 11:45:46 AM »
Why is there no Cabella's store in Canada??  Is there?? ??? ???

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2005, 01:27:27 PM »
Well TK said that they are trying to copy Cabela's >:( >:( he said  that nothing can beat Cabela's. ;D ;DHey camo Cabea's is aparently coming to Canada is that awsome or what. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline camo

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2005, 08:56:39 PM »
Where are they looking to set up???

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2005, 04:48:16 PM »
I am not sure but I think that they would probably put a couple of them in Ontario maybe one here that is what I am hoping for. ;D ;D

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2005, 08:09:59 PM »
I don't know, I'm not sure cabela's comming to Canada is so great. Big stores hurt our small stores, if cabela's comes to winnipeg kiss fishing hole, heights archery, SIR, farmers supply, army surplus, and any other small store goodbye. Maybe it will just make the small guy more compedative, but I have my doubts. I would rather just stop by cabela's in grand forks when I am down there.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2005, 07:32:40 PM »
Well just think fly-in with only one store for all your Outdoor needs it would actually be better because gas prices are so high. :D :D ;) ;)

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2005, 04:42:29 PM »
I still don't know, I think I would still rather support a Manitoba based busness then a big guy from the states. don't get me wrong I like Cabela's, they have so much stuff, My brother and I want to make a Cabela's run soon. I guess you just have to ask how would you like it if some big company decided to move into your livelihood and provide their product at a cheaper cost then you are?

Offline camo

• Nubbie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 04, 2005, 04:12:31 PM »
I am all about supporting our own, but at the end of the day, it would be nice to get good quality things at a cheaper cost.  All my shopping under one roof sounds good to me. 

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 04, 2005, 08:06:47 PM »
I agree with fly in.  Cabelas could stay where it is.  I enjoy SIR, Wholesale Sports, The Fishin' Hole and don't see the need for a Cabelas here.  Have you guys checked out Wholesale Sport's catalog?  It's huge and their selection of guns is very impressive.  I can't wait until they move to their new location.  Its supposed to be much larger than their current location.  If I can't find what I'm looking for from those stores than I can always order from Cabelas online.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal