Author Topic: Too many hobbies  (Read 7415 times)

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
Re: Too many hobbies
« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2005, 09:04:33 AM »
Just like a jack of all trades does everything, he excels at nothing, and has a big pile of trash to prove it.
You have too many hobbies you just suck at everything you do, instead of sucking at the things you don't do.

Man thats deep. And I'm not just talking about the pile of trash I have.

I'm already looking forward to the trip DD.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2005, 09:07:10 AM by tk10fire »
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline Terrygonefishing

• Forked
« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2005, 10:29:17 AM »
I 've decided to give golf up for this year... 

Why would you play golf in the first place?
That is one sport I will never understand...

I hear ya devil-man. A bunch of grown men and boys chasing around a little white ball ??? What do you get in the end??? May as well play a computer game ;)

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2005, 12:18:23 PM »
Yup i'm with ya TK I just can't wait for the sunds of guns cracking and deer calls grunt'n. ;) ;D ;) ;D

DUCKDOWNER
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Jun 08, 2005, 06:33:37 PM »
TK, DD, you boys will be hunting just up the road from me, I have been gun hunting at Oak lake for the last couple seasons, maybe you will push the deer my way. Last year we had a shortage of many things, guys in our party, deer tags, and big bucks, I still filled my tag and both of my father inlaws, but the buck I shot was pretty small (I didn't even know it was a buck untill we went to go look at it, we were done hunting and going to pick up our deer when I saw this one 200yds out it was at the end of legal light).TK, I know your friends with the brother/son of the people whoose land we hunt.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2005, 01:28:09 AM »
Hope we don't push too many out of our area. Not too many there. You can keep shooting those little guys there fly-in  ;D ;D ;D ;) .

I had a chance at a beauty, but it was my daughters turn to shoot and she could not see it so she had to settle for a 100 class buck. Both of my daughters did an amazing job on there deer. It was my oldests 2nd deer and the younger ones first. One at 185 yds and it went down in 35 yds. My oldest daughters shot was 225  yds and it ran 25 yds and expired.  You want to see a proud Dad. I popped all the buttons on my camo and my orange vest just did not fit the same. For me it was way better seeing both of those than any of my own. I only have 3 more kids to go.

Are those the Dueck boys your hunting with there fly-in.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2005, 06:19:51 PM »
Ya tk we can't push too many toward him or else he'll shoot them all isn't that right fly-in. ;D :D ;)

DUCKDOWNER

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Jun 09, 2005, 06:31:16 PM »
No I hunt at the Reimer's, they are my father inlaws people, Stuart and Owe hunted with us the year before last but last year it was just the two of us, it was hard to push anything. On one push I lost the bolt for my gun and I was suppose to post (we found it). It is fun when the deer run and guns blaze, but I also like the stocking and I like just sitting too. I find alot of people just like the "hot blooded action" the pushes and the running shots, I like that, but when a deer just walks into range and is unaware of you that is really cool.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Jun 10, 2005, 04:55:52 PM »
Thats neat fly-in that would be cool to see you out there this year. ;D ;D

DUCKDOWNER

Deer-Downer

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Jun 15, 2005, 12:38:31 PM »
If any of you haven't tried tracking a deer down, pick up a couple of books, read up on it and try it.  It's very difficult but worth it in the end.  I got my first tracked buck last year and I couldn't of enjoyed it more.  I like the pushes and the tree stands but there is nothing like crossing a fresh track, figuring whether its worth the effort and then tracking it without scaring it into the next province until you come across the buck bedded down, rubbing or looking for the S.O.B following it and dropping it in it tracks.  Then the long haul back out of the bush beggins.  Took me three hours last year to drag my buck out of the bush.  I thought I was going to die every step of the way but when I hung it in the garage the stiffness disapeared and left me with a sense of accomplishment that returns everytime I see it on my wall.  Boy its going to be a long summer.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:17:47 PM »
I'm a ground-sitting deer hunter.
And yes, it is very cool to have one walk in and just drop it.
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Jun 20, 2005, 09:19:44 PM »
I might have to try that sometime if there is snow when I'm out there.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Aug 09, 2005, 08:11:04 PM »
That is what I am hoping to try this year behind a little clump of broken down shrubs along the fence line hopfully get him to walk with in range before he goes to far and gets to the thicket than I would be buggerd.;D ;D.Going to try for a little 4 by 4 that has been hang'n around our place. ;D ;D

Deer-Downer

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Aug 14, 2005, 05:42:40 PM »
Go get him DD. ;D ;D
OH TO BE A FIELD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal