Author Topic: Beaver Trapping  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
Beaver Trapping
« on: Oct 16, 2006, 11:57:30 AM »
Anyone here trap beavers?  I've got some out back that need to go-anyone interested?  Easy Access through my backyard.  I know that there is at least 2 of those things running around and maybe more.

Offline salmon44

• 6 Pointer
Re: Beaver Trapping
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2006, 03:16:47 PM »
Will you leave those beavers alone, you have your own private "new" duck pond and you want to ruin it???  Somebody tell this guy the luck he has with a beaver pond directly behind his house doing nothing but good things for his hunting prospects, come on Stanimal!!!

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2006, 04:14:02 PM »
Years ago, beavers kept damming up a brook on one of the wood lots that my father owned. The trees in the flooded areas would die from being in water a foot or two deep. He and the local game warden would go in there every year, tear out the dam and shoot the beavers. They can cause a lot of damage.

Offline salmon44

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2006, 04:43:19 PM »
I agree with the damage they can cause however, in Stanimal's situation it is already a bog behind his house, the beavers have simply re-flooded it creating a duck hunting sanctuary that no one hunts.

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2006, 06:32:48 PM »
Salmon it's your fault they are there!  Letting that damn thing swim right by you after I gave the order to "green light" his ass.  Now i have a whole family in there and my back yard is soaked.  You are not part of the solution-you are part of the problem.

Offline salmon44

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2006, 07:35:30 PM »
All right, I will stop by the check out the pond status with my duck gun.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2006, 05:41:27 AM »
We have a small stream that goes through our land up in the county.  There is now a beaver dam that is 10 feet tall and roughly 75 yards long.  We estimated that there is about 5 acres of wood ruined now.  Once they are in an area it's hard to get them out.  We go out all the time and break the dam open and take care of them, but it seems like no matter how many are taken care of more appear. >:(

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2006, 05:47:09 AM »
I have been on a Beaver Jihad since this summer-one way or another I will win this war.  I was bow huntin behind my house saturday and i had 6 ducks walking around my backyard.  I'm sittin there trying to listen for er and some mallard is sittin' there screaming his head off.  I loathe beavers.....

C'mn someone has to know someone who traps these things

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2006, 06:43:38 AM »
I left word with my wife's uncle who traps beavers.  he's from patten, but gets down this way quite often. he was down trapping beavers last year in sabattus. when I hear back, I'll let you know.
~Scott~

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2006, 06:49:31 AM »
Better hurry up and trap those Beaver. The antis are here trying to shut down all trapping.  >:(

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2006, 05:32:23 AM »
I left word with my wife's uncle who traps beavers.  he's from patten, but gets down this way quite often. he was down trapping beavers last year in sabattus. when I hear back, I'll let you know.

Great-thanks a lot

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »
just heard back and he said once the season opens (dec. 15th), he'll be down this way. if you still need them gone when he's here, he'll do it for you.
~Scott~

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2006, 07:27:04 AM »
just heard back and he said once the season opens (dec. 15th), he'll be down this way. if you still need them gone when he's here, he'll do it for you.

Awesome-I've waited this long.  I can wait another month and a half.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal