Author Topic: coyote gun  (Read 1390 times)

Offline 200orbust

• Forked
coyote gun
« on: Apr 23, 2012, 08:02:06 PM »
I know the winter is at a end, but i am interested in building an AR for a good coyote gun and i was just wondering if anyone had some sugestions for what might work well.  Thanks.

Offline chris338378

• Forked
Re: coyote gun
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »
My Ar is a Colt, can't beat it.  There is LOTS of crap out there as well as WAY OVER PRICED stuff.  If you're going to buy one built I'd get a Colt, sure you might pay a few bucks more but the QUALITY is well worth it.  It seems like everyone wants to build an AR whatever and a 1911 but in my opinion COLTS are the BEST and most reliable.  As for building one Yankee Hill makes good parts. I'd check out Brownells, and MidwayUSA to look for parts and reviews before you buy something and regret it.  I'd go with the .223 Remington caliber, a 1 in 7 twist (works great with 55 grain bullets.  As for style I'd say go with a flat top, can mount collapsible iron sights if you want and with the flat top you can mount your scope and get a proper cheek weld.  A flash suppressor isn't needed and since it's an AR not much recoil especially with the buffer spring.  Piston driven is nice but can be a ROYAL pain to dial in and sometimes has to be redialed with different ammo.  I'd stick with the gas impingement set up, you won't be firing enough to has problems with carbon build up.  I also recommend you clean your bolt assembly after every shooting, makes cleaning easier.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2012, 05:29:29 AM »
Buddy of mine has the Remington R-15 in .223 man is that thing heavy! Shoots great though.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline 200orbust

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2012, 05:55:27 PM »
I guess i will take this info and run with it. Thanks a lot guys, its nice to know if i got a question there are some good guys out there to answer them. Thanks again.

Offline chris338378

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
I know a place down in Texas that you can get a Colt AR-15 with a fixed carry handle for $900 when they put them on sale.  You'd have to buy it from them and have it shipped to your dealer so it can be transferred to you.  They also have other Colts on sale with GREAT prices.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2012, 05:45:04 AM »
These guys make a fine rifle right in Maine.

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline jeepinjeffxj

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
X2 both my grandfather and step father have nothing but good things to say about them, they even let me deer hunt behind the shop, great guys

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal