Author Topic: Feral Pigs  (Read 2083 times)

Offline xrhino

• Nubbie
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
Feral Pigs
« on: Jun 06, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »
This probably belongs on the Wisconsin board, but as things are pretty dead around here I thought I'd post it here and see if I get any response.

I'm looking for feral pigs to hunt in or around Wisconsin.  A friend and I would really like to give it a shot.  If you know of anybody that has a problem with pigs on their land, I'd sure appreciate a heads up.  They aren't that much of a problem here yet, but somebody out there has got to have a few that they want to get rid of.

Of course the standard deal applies:  We would be curteous, safe, clean, quiet, punctual, and everything else that goes without saying.  We would be willing to share the meat or trade for fish and venison.  I don't have much experience working on farms, but if the landowner is looking for somebody who's "strong like bull, smart like tractor," to do some chores, then I'm your man.

Offline sbfpa_Mike

• Forked
  • Everyone has a goal
Re: Feral Pigs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2006, 06:13:27 AM »
Sorry you didn't have any luck with your search Lucas. Unfortunately, the next step is knocking on doors. I am sure you know the process. Good Luck and shoot straight.

Mike
If you can catch it,  trap it,  jig it,  or kill it,  there is a place to talk about it.
Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Offline xrhino

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
I'm already on it.  I'm meeting lots of nice folks, but nobody who has pigs they want taken care of yet. :'(

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2006, 01:28:26 PM »
I'm already on it.  I'm meeting lots of nice folks, but nobody who has pigs they want taken care of yet. :'(

Not something I've heard of in my area...yet. Hopefully they don't make it here either. DNR has a "see one-shoot it" thing right now right?
Adam

Offline xrhino

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »
Not something I've heard of in my area...yet. Hopefully they don't make it here either. DNR has a "see one-shoot it" thing right now right?
Legal to hunt with a small game license.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal