Author Topic: Trying to ban "all" ammo in VT!!!!!!  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
Trying to ban "all" ammo in VT!!!!!!
« on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:50:59 AM »
Guys the gov. is trying to ban pretty much all ammo hunting and selfdefence plus plinking ammo. The Vermont House Fish, Wildlife & Water Resources Committee is considering legislation (H. 484) that can virtually ban all ammo in VT! It's designed so that it requires the Secretary of Natural Resources to set up a program so they can ID and ban distribution of certain toxic chemicals.  So guys we need to tell them to not vote for it or pass it! Talk to your Lawmakers and tell them nicely to oppose H.484.

PROTECT OUT HUNTING AND AMMO RIGHTS TODAY!!!

Offline vermonner

• 6 Pointer
Re: Trying to ban "all" ammo in VT!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:47:58 AM »
This has been bounced around before, relative to steel shot and lead contaminating the environment.  The long and short of it is that lead from firearms isn't pure lead, but an alloy with ferro-magnetic metals and lead.  A lead round will encapsulate with rust, representing zero harm to the environment.  Ammo makers will cram that down Montpelier's throat.  Happened in Ca. in 2002ish

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
Re: Trying to ban "all" ammo in VT!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:34:59 PM »
This has been bounced around before, relative to steel shot and lead contaminating the environment.  The long and short of it is that lead from firearms isn't pure lead, but an alloy with ferro-magnetic metals and lead.  A lead round will encapsulate with rust, representing zero harm to the environment.  Ammo makers will cram that down Montpelier's throat.  Happened in Ca. in 2002ish

See now I never knew that thanks vermonner! I thought that bullets except lead deer shot gun slugs were all lead. I knew that bullets had a coating but I didn't know there was a mix of metal and its not enviro. harmful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal