Author Topic: Albino Deer?  (Read 9511 times)

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
Albino Deer?
« on: Nov 14, 2009, 06:30:04 AM »
There is always that case of a albino deer on some ones trail cam. And then they go put the pictures on the outdoor sites. I was wondering if any one has ever seen one the rarest deer you'll ever see. And if you could would you hunt it? I would never shoot one. But there is a old military base somewhere where tons of albinos live.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
Re: Albino Deer?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2009, 07:40:59 AM »
i'v seen pics of them and heard that there was one in an area, and in another area theres supposed to be a half albino deer, i don't know about that, but i have never actually seen one
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline TOMMYPOINT

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:50:58 AM »
I have seen a piball deer if thats how you spell it. white and brown mix. I was working and saw it cross the road we were working on. It had a fawn with it and the fawn was all brown. It was pretty cool looking. Also there was a gentleman in my town in Maine that shot an albino doe that had an 8pt rack. Yes I said doe. 185 ponds. Thats pretty weird also.

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »
I guy used to work with shot an albino buck here in NY a few years ago. I'll see if I have the picture still. It turns out it was an excapee from a game ranch. There is a large Piebald population on an old base near Syracuse/Utica area. We've seen a piebald doe just outside of Ballston Spa a few times over the past 2 years also.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2009, 12:50:40 PM »
i chased a big ten point for four years we called pants. He had white legs from shoulders down.
Saw him several times, from a four to a ten. Last year was a foggy morning going to work, two years ago. He was huge with a 20" plus spread. What ledgends are made of.
My brother shot a piebald doe in the southern zone, had 7" spikes. Couldn't eat the gravy.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »
I have seen a piball deer if thats how you spell it. white and brown mix. I was working and saw it cross the road we were working on. It had a fawn with it and the fawn was all brown. It was pretty cool looking. Also there was a gentleman in my town in Maine that shot an albino doe that had an 8pt rack. Yes I said doe. 185 ponds. Thats pretty weird also.
a couple of weeks ago a buddy of a buddy shot a 8 piont doe still in full velvet pretty cool
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2009, 07:53:13 PM »
There is always that case of a albino deer on some ones trail cam. And then they go put the pictures on the outdoor sites. I was wondering if any one has ever seen one the rarest deer you'll ever see. And if you could would you hunt it? I would never shoot one. But there is a old military base somewhere where tons of albinos live.

The military base you are thinking of is Sampson in NY's Finger Lakes.  My mother lives within a few miles of there.  They aren't albinos, though.  I actually saw a white deer off base during gun season a few years ago, but it was two fields away across another landowner's property.  Talk about something that gets your blood pumping!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline deerme117

• 6 Pointer

Offline Woodcutter5x5

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2009, 10:12:04 PM »
i seen a albino last year on thanksgiving morning.it was a doe and i didnt have a doe tag left filled it early and was buck hunting.if i would have had a doe tag i would have shot it and had a full body mount done up.
many years ago my grand father seen a pibald buck and he said it never gave him a shot oppertunity or else he would have atleast took a shot at it.
about 4 years ago my father shot a buck and while gutting it out we noticed all 4 hooves were white pale like human nails and upto the nuckle/ankle was pure white.not sure if that would considered pibald tho.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2009, 05:19:49 AM »
Deerme117 has it right,Seneca army Depot off rt 414 and 92 south of seneca falls NY Has a white deer population..

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2009, 09:13:43 AM »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline fish_finder

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2009, 09:34:41 PM »
Ive seen 6 in my lifetime(im 23 years old) , one during hunting season but i wasnt hunting deer, i was ony 16 and was hunting grouse, it wasnt completly white but kinda looked like a cow and was a big doe. Few years back there was 2 hanging out in the same field, what are teh odds! Both bucks one a 4pt the other a 6, they were quite an attraction ppl watched them everynight and they were always in the same field next to a farm hosue,they may have been brothers. Seen a doe last winter in a field that had a white rump and white legs, a pure white doe this spring on side of the road and the last one wasnt alive but still counts i spose, was one my friends father shot years ago, a buck, has a head mount at the camp.
It flies it dies

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2009, 08:35:11 AM »
I was able to find that pic of the 8 point Albino I guy worked with shot.

Offline Bigfish57

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »
That's hugely awesome!

Offline Litchfield Hunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2009, 11:17:41 PM »
have seen one piebald 5 pointer shot by a friend, chased a doe around on the same piece of property for several years that looked like it had been swimming in bleach  she was all white except her head and part of her neck
Its not a passion its an obsession

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal