Author Topic: STKAs TrailCam  (Read 156434 times)

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
Re: STKAs TrailCam
« Reply #495 on: Oct 02, 2011, 07:45:30 PM »
go get em!
Take a Kid outside...

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #496 on: Oct 03, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »
Looks like they are staying were they should be. ;D ;D

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #497 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:34:27 PM »
Got the blind up today. It'll be hard to pass the new 6/7 that showed up. Got some little bucks in the food plot, I moved the bushnell over there on time lapse. Here some of what I got. I also got a small buck making a rub where the close up of the little six is, next to my stand.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #498 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »
nice pics stka ...............good luck tagging him. will u be able to hunt opening day?

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #499 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »
I put my blind farther up the field where two big runs come out of the hardwoods into the field. If it cools down I'll probably hunt in it at least in the afternoons. Where I am if it doesn't cool down you only educate the deer by hunting when it's warm. I think the better buck in the IR pics is the same eight from last week.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #500 on: Oct 08, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »
Great pictures Steve...   You have many to choose from......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #501 on: Oct 08, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »
Thanks, just hope I can see some this year. Last year I got a lot of pics too, but only saw two small bucks. I shot the second one the last day of SZ bow.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #502 on: Oct 08, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »
I really need to get a second cam...   I just put mine close to the house now I dont have anything down in the woods.. :o
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #503 on: Oct 08, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »
Sweet!!  I like to think it looks like that around where I hunt.... ::)  I do know of a good one....But won't hold my breath....especially when ML opens....
The word is out about the muley I found the sheds of and will be crowded there I'm sure.....
Sure hope you get on one of the bigger ones!!!

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #504 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »
Looking good

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #505 on: Oct 08, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
I put my blind farther up the field where two big runs come out of the hardwoods into the field. If it cools down I'll probably hunt in it at least in the afternoons. Where I am if it doesn't cool down you only educate the deer by hunting when it's warm. I think the better buck in the IR pics is the same eight from last week.
stka r u saying u dont hunt at all when its warm? or do u just hunt other locations? i understand your point about educating the deer but i would rather take my chances playing the wind on a warm day than not hunting :o  as they say " u cant kill em from the couch"

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #506 on: Oct 08, 2011, 08:12:36 PM »
I can't hunt the woods where I am, I can recover deer from there but No one is allowed to hunt it. When It's hot they don't come out to where I can hunt until after dark normally. I hunted in the early warms days the past two years and never saw a deer but jumped them walking out. I figure I'm better off not pushing them unnecessarily when my odds are real low. That said, a lot of these pics are during shooting light so I'm on the fence a little. I set the blind up so I could get in and out pretty easily, because my foot is still real sore. So I might try to go, but may also try to get a doe somewhere else.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #507 on: Oct 08, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
yeah having multiple stands on different properties opens up your options. i hate hunting in the heat it just doesnt feel like deer season to me when it is 75 outside :o last november we had unusually high temps as well. really messed up the daylight deer movement. hoping for cold with a few inches of snow this year ;D

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #508 on: Oct 10, 2011, 07:40:34 AM »
nice pics good luck getting them

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #509 on: Oct 10, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »
Went back today to clear a little brush around the blind. I went to take the third camera down and move it to the apple trees. After I got the camera and downloaded the timelapse from the Bushnell I took a ride around the edge of the pasture. Found at least three scrapes that just got made. Two of them are within 20yds of a stand I was going to move  ::). So I put the camera there with both scrapes (and the stand) in frame. Most likely small bucks made them at night, but I'm going to find out  ;). Bushnell had a few does and a small buck (6?) on the food plot, not bad for two days, but they were almost all at night.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal