Author Topic: Whats Everyone Seeing Out There?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
Whats Everyone Seeing Out There?
« on: Oct 13, 2017, 08:45:00 AM »
Been pretty quiet in here so far this season. I've only been out a few times, seen some does with skippers. What's everyone seeing for deer movement? Anyone have any luck so far? A couple areas I hunt are loaded with acorns right now. I imagine the deer don't have to move very far to find food right now. I was bummed I couldn't get out and hunt with this mini cold front coming through. Was targeting a Sunday AM hunt but it's calling for rain at the moment, probably won't stop me though. Hope everyone is having a good season so far.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
Re: Whats Everyone Seeing Out There?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2017, 10:09:24 AM »
Very little movement so far. Not much on camera lately either. Only good times have been night hunts with rain
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
Had a good season so far taking a break now to fish till muzzle loader starts. Took one opening morning then a nice old doe several weeks later and a couple day later went back to the stand from opening day and when checked cam had 4 different bucks on it so I sat it that afternoon had a great 8 pt come out about 6 pm he stayed 30 yards or so. He stayed facing feeding in my derection made decision I was going to draw on him once head went down I drew and held for what seemed like eternity he eventually turned and I released. He took a trip to Seacoast Taxidermy. Starting to get the itch again especially with this cooler overcast weather

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2017, 10:21:03 AM »
That's great Pipes. Congrats on some early season success and the 8 pointer!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal