• Forked
Re: acorns
« Reply #15 on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
Thanks for the input guys!

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:51:39 PM »
Went for some walks the last few weekends in the snow, and holy moly where they on the white oaks. It’s obviously a lot easier to see now with the snow, but it seemed like almost every white oak grove around me was completely torn up. One area had about a football field size of an area totally worked over.

I thanked the deer for making my trek through the snow that much easier.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2019, 04:41:26 PM »
Hope the poor bastards do ok, no fat on them this year from what I saw from what I shot.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline gamefisher

• Forked
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:01:43 AM »
Hope the poor bastards do ok, no fat on them this year from what I saw from what I shot.

I took a nice walk in the woods this past Sunday and a very different scenario in central Maine right now. I have a camera on a monster oak, from the time the acorns started falling until Veterans Day, mega pics and activity.  There are still acorns on the ground, not nearly as many of course, but haven't had a single deer picture since!  It's amazing to me how quickly they change their patterns and habits.  I saw a lot more feeding activity right now on tender grass and cedar browse.  Also pawing the snow for leftover mushrooms.  I did have a buck right on the tail of two does cross a paved road in front of me at 11am that same day. 

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:53:49 AM »
agree with you AA very weird with all the acorns i thought i'd find alot more fat in the deer i got this year. although the biologist for f&g said the small rack deer that came in this year were heavy. I shot what i thought was a big doe 3 weeks ago turned out to be a button buck weighed in at 115 biggest button ive ever seen.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2019, 09:51:30 AM »
All the big rack Deer this year were tiny, odd year
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal