Author Topic: Who else got a L tag?  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
Re: Who else got a L tag?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2021, 02:57:02 PM »
Nice Frank. Glad you got one!. Theres one that will get filled for sure.
I haven't applied for an L tag since I moved from an L zone town to M zone.  Although I occasionally venture to some of my old hunting grounds, just Not enough time now.
5 tags is enough for me  ;) ;D
37 more days.....but who's counting ::)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »
I’m ready!

Oh it certainly will be filled, if it was truly a tag for management and not money they’d only give ones to the guys who will punch it each season. Should be a punch one to get another. That makes far to much sense though, show them the moneyyyyy!
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2021, 03:30:07 PM by aquaassassin »
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2021, 03:33:16 PM »
Yea definitely for the money. Look at the M tag deal, although not a lottery, good example. Although I know there's a s**t ton of deer in this zone and that's why they say they give 2 tags, I'll bet 80 % of people don't fill both tags they give. They decided it was better in their pocket to charge you more for 2 and not give you a choice.
But then again it's not a lottery like L zone, so no big deal I guess. There isn't anybody being deprived a tag, like those in L that don't draw one.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2021, 03:33:47 PM »
Yes sir

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Aug 19, 2021, 02:25:08 PM »
Yea definitely for the money. Look at the M tag deal, although not a lottery, good example. Although I know there's a s**t ton of deer in this zone and that's why they say they give 2 tags, I'll bet 80 % of people don't fill both tags they give. They decided it was better in their pocket to charge you more for 2 and not give you a choice.
But then again it's not a lottery like L zone, so no big deal I guess. There isn't anybody being deprived a tag, like those in L that don't draw one.

I think part of the rationale for going to a two tag system was to try and cut down on the number of hunters flooding in to the zone and cut down on negative hunter/land owner interactions. I used to live down there so I'd buy them, never lucky enough to punch both tags. Haven't bothered to purchase them since moving further north. Can't see the sense driving 30+ minutes south just to go fight with other people. I remember just trying to find small patches to hunt here or there, and you'd walk though and see 5 or 6 stands in a 20 acre patch of woods. If I ever fill all 3 NH tags and my Maine tag I'll need a bigger freezer!

I'm getting pumped for the upcoming season, although that August panic is starting to set in....

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #20 on: Aug 19, 2021, 02:59:09 PM »
I think part of the rationale for going to a two tag system was to try and cut down on the number of hunters flooding in to the zone and cut down on negative hunter/land owner interactions. I used to live down there so I'd buy them, never lucky enough to punch both tags. Haven't bothered to purchase them since moving further north. Can't see the sense driving 30+ minutes south just to go fight with other people. I remember just trying to find small patches to hunt here or there, and you'd walk though and see 5 or 6 stands in a 20 acre patch of woods. If I ever fill all 3 NH tags and my Maine tag I'll need a bigger freezer!

I'm getting pumped for the upcoming season, although that August panic is starting to set in....

Well said on all accounts.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Sep 16, 2021, 06:18:55 PM »
2nd year in a row I do not get picked.  :-*

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2021, 07:29:55 PM »

Sorry to hear buddy, last year is the only year I never got one

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Sep 17, 2021, 08:39:46 AM »

come on down to zone M i believe their is a ton left.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Sep 17, 2021, 11:13:12 AM »
lv2hunt I did pick up my zone M tags, i dont usually but now that I am retired I will have plenty of time to hunt different areas and I didnt get my zone L

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #25 on: Sep 17, 2021, 02:35:52 PM »
Congrats on retiring Mark!

I feel the same in Maine, now that I moved here from NH I haven’t gotten a bonus doe tag since lol

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Sep 19, 2021, 09:15:46 PM »
......  I just need more time to sit out there..
Don't we all buddy, don't we all!
This work s**t always gets in the way.

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Sep 20, 2021, 08:54:47 AM »
lv2hunt I did pick up my zone M tags, i dont usually but now that I am retired I will have plenty of time to hunt different areas and I didnt get my zone L

Congrats on the retirement!! maybe ill bump into you down in these parts happy hunting and good luck out there.

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #28 on: Sep 22, 2021, 03:34:55 AM »
Congrats Frank! I drew an "any deer" tag in Maine for Unit 15. Figured I had to buy a license for my bear hunt, might as well try to get a deer and get use of the license!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #29 on: Sep 22, 2021, 05:05:39 AM »
Absolutely! Now you can track one down 302 from NH to Maine and never look back  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal