Author Topic: Coyotes  (Read 2054 times)

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
Coyotes
« on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:38:49 AM »
Who saw or shot any coyotes during your hunting trips ???  More or less sign than last year ???

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Coyotes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:52:16 AM »
Been quiet around here since middle of summer. Use to hear them couple nights a week..   Havent seen any turkeys either..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline The 3Ps

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »
Had some tracks up by my stand after the snow. Be after them soon. My buddy culled this doe out of the herd  on the last day of firearm. I had watched her feeding several times on my vacation and noticed  her limping.  Glad he got her instead of another ! She was Coyote bait for sure!!
patience, persistence, presentation

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2018, 08:17:38 AM »
Thats different. Is that just a deformed hoof or did it look like an injury?

I have been hunting in RI since Nov 3rd and have not seen a single coyote this year. Typically we get at least 1 down per season. Then again, I will be back out there again tomorrow so you never know!
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline The 3Ps

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »
Wondered the same myself. I know some terrain is quite rocky and thought it might have gotten hung up as a fawn. There was just enough pad in 3 spots for it to not wear down to bone. But it was basically a stump with 3 pads. Strange for sure!
patience, persistence, presentation

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2018, 05:05:36 AM »
I heard many in my stand just before dark and seen 1 while on watch with the club and it coast me 5 bucks--if you see a coyote and don't shoot its a 5 dollar fine-the dog was 200 yards running fast,,I forgot about the fine at the time....money goes into our own big buck club.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal