Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643557 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #4065 on: Jul 14, 2011, 07:25:22 AM »
That's how I feel every morning putting my socks on.... ::) Sucks!! Hope it gets loosened up some.

Sure does look like a lot of fun. (and tasty)  Maybe one day in the hammock would be in order.... ;)

I have to drive the wife to the dentist an hour and a half away... :o Yeah!!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4066 on: Jul 14, 2011, 07:42:24 AM »
Sounds like a great day on the water Bog. The trip won't cost much, it's $25 per site per day, if we have 2-3 tents per site that's not bad. We'll have to figure out whose boats to bring other than mine, there is one side of a dock per site on the island. I'm also going to need two other people to reserve sites at the second they open with me, I'm only allowed one at a time. If noone has an issue with it, the date will be the weekend of Friday July 13th  :o. About a year from today.

My back/neck has been out since Saturday night. It's been a crap shoot each morning, today is not so good.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4067 on: Jul 14, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »
If noone has an issue with it, the date will be the weekend of Friday July 13th  :o. About a year from today.

Doh!  First family reunion in six years is scheduled for 7/14/12 in Columbia County.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4068 on: Jul 14, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »
ill prob be leaving on my annual camping trip on that sunday.
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4069 on: Jul 14, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »
Heather is gettin much better with her fish pic's. ;D ;D I'm in for the LG trip just need a date and what you need for $$.

JJ great pic's as always.

we had a great day here, well until the boat docking incident.........

Split and stacked a bunch of wood in the morning, Amy baby proofed the camp for our niece who is due in today with Amy's brother and sister in law.

We did get a few smallies yesterday, as usual Mom got the best one. Found out if we leave the dock without my pup he just follows us.

We went out for white perch after supper, trolled up a dozen then found a big school in front of camp so we anchored up and jigged a bunch more up. finally ran out of bait after we had 45 good one's. Thank goodness for the electric filet knife, I was through tham in about 20 min. Now the Bad part was I twisted my back all out of shape pulling the pontoon up on the skids when we got back. Feeling pretty old today, cant put my sock's on. Just keep moving to free er up I guess. Maybe a couple of Jim Beam & 7's later will help. ::) ::)

Nice bass MOM.......     Great looking sink full of fish Bog...    ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #4070 on: Jul 14, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
Great pics everyone!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #4071 on: Jul 15, 2011, 02:46:57 AM »
JJ nice Salmon  6lbs!  Wow!!   That's a big un...       

Bad back / neck can be rough    hope it gets easier on you Steve    I'm in for the July trip next year

Glad to see your havin fun on Vacation Bog,  Mom sure knows how to catch those smallmouths!   Lori & I are really looking forward to heading out your way

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4072 on: Jul 15, 2011, 03:47:14 AM »
Looks like you having fun Bog. Nice smallie MOM.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4073 on: Jul 15, 2011, 06:15:17 AM »
Took the guest's out for a little bit last night. Niece caught her first fish. We caught 20 perch in about 45 min.  45* @ 6 this morning Not a cloud to be found. ATV adventure today.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4074 on: Jul 15, 2011, 06:20:25 AM »
Neat on the first fish!! Have fun today and keep the rubber on the dirt.... ;)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4075 on: Jul 15, 2011, 09:44:44 PM »
Took the guest's out for a little bit last night. Niece caught her first fish. We caught 20 perch in about 45 min.  45* @ 6 this morning Not a cloud to be found. ATV adventure today.
Nice job Bog and niece. How was the adventure bog?

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4076 on: Jul 16, 2011, 06:36:33 AM »
Rocky start worked out to a good day yesterday.  Sis-in-law was sick, so we had to find someone to watch the kids.  Presentation at work had some technical difficulties.  Left work around 1130 to get the kids from a friend who watched them for us. 

Scored a train at the gates on the way home for the boy, and ate lunch.  Mom came home at 3, so Phillip and I ran an errand to fix the front door.  Right as we got outside, we heard a roar that said The Navy's Finest were practicing again.  So we took the scenic route for the errand.  Drove down towards the airport, and saw hundreds of people along the road watching them.  Phillip was having a great time watching them zoom around, and trying to figure out where they would come from next.  So when we looped through the airport grounds, I had to wait for the light to get back out.

Then we got the full five senses treatment.  One F-18 went right over us at minimums.  We saw the plane, felt the roar, heard the scream, and actually got to smell and taste the turbofan exhaust after it went over.  Awesomeness.   8)

Had cheddar brats and grilled onions / tomatoes / mushrooms for dinner, and then went back over to our friends' house for dessert.  Sat on the back porch with a cold beer, and watched the kids spray each other with the hose, and had some strawberry shortcake after.

Came home, and had 7.5 hours of blissful, uninterrupted sleep.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4077 on: Jul 16, 2011, 06:42:42 AM »
You got the life bud........................ ;D ;D ;D
Treasure it....................................
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4078 on: Jul 16, 2011, 07:07:30 AM »
Enjoy those days Chucker, soon your youngest turns 20 like Tyler did yesterday and has the day off. He was home for around ten minutes.
Then off to "camping" with friends.....He doesn't think Dad knows that's just another way of spelling "party!!"..... ;)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4079 on: Jul 16, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
I got a call to go yank some lead for lakers at 4pm. We only caught a small one and a few small mouth. But was a beautiful sunset over the mountains. Light winds, no bugs, cool air. Those times when living here is really worth the isolation.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal