Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643582 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #11640 on: Aug 13, 2012, 10:29:30 AM »
There are more deer in SC than MD. ;) I know some guys from here that hunt down there every year.
I'm not gpoing to be there long enough to try hunting down there.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11641 on: Aug 13, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
I'm not gpoing to be there long enough to try hunting down there.
I figured I was just throwing the idea out there. Family is more important and I'm sure you don't get to see them as much as you would like.

It seems I am done with being Real Estate agent, 8 years is enough. Tried of working my arse off doing other peoples jobs. Definitely not like it was when I started. I have two job offers and I haven't even started to really look yet. One was a car salesman in the city. First thing that came to mind was Robin Williams in Cadillac Man. ::) Guy said I could make between 60-100K a year but I would have an hour drive one way and that's if traffic isn't bad. Trust me if you have never sat in traffic on 270 you don't understand why that would suck. Plus I would not have health benefits. The other option is at a printing company about 15 min. away. Great benefits, 401K and as much OT as I would like to have. I would work 4- 12hr shifts one week then 3 the next. I am leaning towards this one since it will allow me to get some hunting time in. Especially, since you cant hunt on most Sundays in MD.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #11642 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
Good luck DROBS.

Peddler  ;D ;D ;D
Peddler

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11643 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
Good luck DROBS.

Peddler  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks. My plan is this will only be temporary till I get my foot in the door as a MD DNR officer. I would apply for that now but they are not hiring at this point.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #11644 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:19:24 AM »
Thanks. My plan is this will only be temporary till I get my foot in the door as a MD DNR officer. I would apply for that now but they are not hiring at this point.

Well good luck with that also. I hate to say this but I've always heard that the biggest pirates make the best enforcers. { only kidding } We have a C.O. that hunts with us on a regular basis. I'm not sure if he's trying to keep us straight or what.

Peddler  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Peddler

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11645 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »
Well good luck with that also. I hate to say this but I've always heard that the biggest pirates make the best enforcers. { only kidding } We have a C.O. that hunts with us on a regular basis. I'm not sure if he's trying to keep us straight or what.

Peddler  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
lol Thank you sir. I can guarantee poachers would fear this guy. ;)

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #11646 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
Two neices and a nephew of mine are part of the group that just won First place in Novice Juvenile at World Pipe Band Championships, it was held in Glasgow, Scotland. They came in 3rd place their last two trips in 2007 and 2009.

Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11647 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
Good luck with the career change Dave .....I would choose the job closer to home with the benefits myself....I used to drive almost an hour each way to work a midnight shift.... I took a job that paid less three years ago  but it's only a mile away from home......I'm much happier now....

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11648 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »

Con grats JJ, you must be a proud uncle. ;D That must be exciteing for them to go to Scottland, that's quite a trip. :)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #11649 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »
I under stand Jeff Family does come first I wan't you to have the best time ever ; Would also like you to do what Dave says
a little Hunting R&R would do you real fine telling yea you should you deserve it  ;) ;) :) :) :) :)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #11650 on: Aug 13, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »
I guess I gotta give credit where credit is due. Soak it in Mook, you might not read it again ;D the New York Yankees showed some class here for sure 8)

It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #11651 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »
JJ, what a great honor for the kids. Something they will never forget. You must be very proud. It "better" be on the local news. I hope they do some local performances. Love that bagpipe.....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11652 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:33:18 AM »
I saw that on the local news news JJ, congratulations to all the kids that's a huge accomplishment. They must have had a great time traveling over to compete too.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11653 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:35:14 AM »
Two weeks after I finished spending days brush hogging a guy stopped by my friends house and asked if he could hay the pasture  :'( :'( :'(. At least I'll only have to do trimming next year if he shows back up, he was told to stay in touch.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #11654 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:40:22 AM »

Well AA , they do set the standard for every single other professional sports team on the face of the planet  ;D ;D ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal