Author Topic: Muzzleloader season  (Read 3257 times)

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
Muzzleloader season
« on: Nov 03, 2019, 09:00:17 AM »
Pretty quiet... like the shooting out there. I've seen a spike yesterday and a 6pt and 8pt together this morning. I'm holding out for something bigger. Anyone else seeing deer?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Muzzleloader season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
Passed 14 so far myself waiting on the same buddy.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2019, 10:08:26 AM »
Passed on 11 does past 2 weeks. Few small bucks as well
Saw a monster buck Friday evening with the bow but it was 75 yds out and I couldn't turn him. Shooter for sure! If only it was one day later with the ML, he wouldve been hangin.
Had another M tag to fill so I dropped a button buck standing 10 yds in front of me yesterday. Few tender ones and a nice doe in the freezer so far, so now I'm holding out for Mr. big.( Like everyone else..lol)
Good luck all

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2019, 10:19:50 AM »
I was out at my usual spot yesterday and this morning, saw 0...Granddaughter missed a huge buck (well over 200 dressed my guess) youth weekend, hoping he comes by for me.. I am thinking that with all the acorns on the ground they are traveling too far.

Offline nhxbowhunter

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2019, 06:36:05 PM »
Threw up an air ball today... Had 7 does come walkin by, approx. 80 yards... somehow,, I blew it,, no hair no blood,, NO KIDDIN !  Looked for an Hour and half with a buddy. No way I missed, Just no way... LMAO.. wanna bet.. Clean miss.. That's why He made Tomorrows.
Back at it in the a.m....
AND ON THE 8TH DAY GOD CREATED WHITETAILS

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:15:18 PM »
Bigger plans for you that’s all

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:59:44 AM »
Just one doe that busted me before shooting light. Kept circling around downwind, stomping, snorting, generally making a ruckus. That was all the action I had this weekend.

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2019, 11:10:44 AM »
I respect you guys for passing up deer to get bigger ones more than you think. I guess I am more of a meat eater vs trophy hunter so anything goes for me. The $$ I save all year is what lets me enjoy other hobbies. By all means, If i could make more time or lived on my hunting grounds, I would also chase larger deer. Just not feasible. Getting a buck like I posted today is just absolutely awesome, no doubt about that!

Keep at it guys!
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2019, 11:14:35 AM »
Saw a Staver of a 8 this AM rippin trees at 150 yds. Couldn’t turn him with the grunt. I would of popped him with a clear shot. At 740 I had a smaller 8 like the one I got with the bow the other week working a scrape 30 yards behind me. It’s early he gets a pass.

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2019, 02:29:02 PM »
My dad took his first shot at buck this Sunday AM, but I fortunately missed the shot. Once the sun came up he could see more clearly and sent the sabot through some branches. We looked for a few hours just to be sure. Found his track and followed it for a 300 yards or so then lost it. Fanned our from there and felt pretty good that it was a clean miss.

I also had a doe go by my stand, but I’m hoping to run across one of the larger bucks we have roaming around. Once of them is a brute 10pt but we have only seen it at night.

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »
My dad took his first shot at buck this Sunday AM, but I fortunately missed the shot. Once the sun came up he could see more clearly and sent the sabot through some branches. We looked for a few hours just to be sure. Found his track and followed it for a 300 yards or so then lost it. Fanned our from there and felt pretty good that it was a clean miss.

I also had a doe go by my stand, but I’m hoping to run across one of the larger bucks we have roaming around. Once of them is a brute 10pt but we have only seen it at night.

Good luck Z!

Although a miss sucks, a clean miss is best case scenario.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:10:37 PM »

He showed up last night!! Might be a long season...

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:12:58 PM »
Here's the 8 point I passed on... apparently the 6 wasn't on this picture, he came in later.

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:54:15 PM »
Good luck Z!

Although a miss sucks, a clean miss is best case scenario.

Yeah, agreed and thanks. As luck would have it we had it on video with a camera, and you could see the buck run away. We searched for a long time for blood, and I slept better last night knowing it was a clean miss.

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 2019, 11:30:03 AM »
Saw 7 of them this weekend no shots except for a couple of skips nothing huge a 6 a 3 and a spike. Did take down a nice coyote actually chasing one of the skips that went by. Felt good to see him go down.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal