MHF US Midwest > Hunting Wisconsin
Any bow-deer stories?
(1/1)
Dihardfisher:
Post some stories/ experiences from this fall under this topic.
OleSlewFoot:
Yeah, I have one.  I found a sweet spot where a bunch of does and bucks were crossing the narrow end of an alfalfa field.  The county road was about 200 feet away with someones driveway 10 feet behind me.  I was up under a little oak that provided a great blind.  The deer would come across like clock work just before the sun set.  I would be on the ground and have deer 10 to 60 yards in front of me.  They seemed to have no clue that I was there.  One evening, I had watched a few does come by and then a buck stopped about 25 yards in front of me.  I hunt with an old bow and I missed, could have been me.  He ran off and then came back with another buck about 5 minutes later.  They were trying to spot me so I had to sit still.  Then a van came by on the road, pulled to a stop to look at the deer, rolled down their window and offorded me the perfect opportunity.  The buck looked at the van and I drew and nailed him.  He dropped about 100 yards away, 6 feet or so from the road.  Needless to say, the folks in the van were a little suprised by the shot and sped off.  That was one of the easiest jobs I ever had of packing a deer out.  Plus it was nice to have an audience.
MASTERGUIDE:
Thats a cool story
Dihardfisher:
Thats a great story...I'll have to share a few of mine next time I'm on here...
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version