MHF US Northeast > Hunting Pennsylvania
444 mARLIN
<< < (2/7) > >>
aquaassassin:

--- Quote from: TallywackahME on Sep 10, 2013, 10:43:01 AM ---hahaha yea..... probly have a sore azz too

--- End quote ---

Exactly
hesseltine32:
I'd tell him to take what you offer or go buy his own.   How do you turn down a free gun? 
chez:

--- Quote from: oneshott on Sep 10, 2013, 08:05:56 AM ---I would have been happy to have one hunting gun at his age.  Why so stubborn? :-X

--- End quote ---

wHO KNOWS. HIS HEART IS SET ON THIS GUN.iM GOING TO PICK IT UP MONDAY,
chez:

--- Quote from: TallywackahME on Sep 10, 2013, 08:56:33 AM ---he should be able to handle the rifle with ease. they are very mild shooting. not overly powerful like most ppl seem to think. quite a differance between that and the 4570. 

not sure what u mean by not makin the 444 anymore? ammo?  both ammo and rifled chambered in 444 ARE still made.

"what will it do to a deer"?  i should hope it would cause its central nervous center to shut down ::) 

in a nut shell they have he terminal performance that duplicates the 44mag. (same projectile) but they have slightly longer legs.and i mean SLIGHTLY.

BTW, Whelen doesnt have an 'A' in it  ;)

what i meant [WHAT WILL IT DO TO A DEER IS] Damage to the meat.the kid is a good shot.front shoulder always.IS IT TOO POWERFUL OF A DEER CALIBER?

sorry im a bad speller.

--- End quote ---
aquaassassin:
It does do a number on the front shoulder when that 240 grain hits it but it put them down. I would not consider it overkill. It is a big bullet though with a lot of ft. Lbs. not gonna win any long range competitions but inside 150 you will still get a fair amount of bruising and clots in the meat
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version