MHF US Northeast > Hunting Maine

deer on the run

(1/3) > >>

sharpshooter:
lot of talk on how well the can is working this year  had 3 big doe come into a field tonight tried the can and sent the deer on a dead run to the woods.

buckblaster:
Ive been hearing a lot of guys saying its working great. Never tried it. I did for whatever reason grunt in a Doe and fawn last week.

Buckwild:
I’m not really sure on the doe bleat. The only deer I saw this season was when I was quiet using no game calls.When I used the bleat, grunt and pack rack had no visuals on deer. Did have something come in but only heard it run off assuming it winded me when it realized I was not a deer.I shot a 4 ptr yesterday that came within 15 ft of me when I was texting a friend. I was set up between some hemlocks with Tinks wicks which drew him in.

buckblaster:
Ive had a lot of luck in the past using tinks on scent drags. Scents are the only gimmick Ive ever had some success with. Drippers work but Ive only had does come into during the day time. All the pictures of bucks were at night

slt:
Never really had any luck with any of the gimmicks. Tried most of them as a kid but haven't for many years now. Best tools in my proverbial toolbox are patience  and knowledge of the area I hunt and the habits and tendencies of the  deer that live there......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version