Author Topic: 4 pointer  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Buckwild

• 6 Pointer
4 pointer
« on: Nov 19, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »
Hi Guys, I tagged out at noon time today. I found this spot a couple of years ago. Up to this point I had been hunting in a tree stand next to a beaver pond the first 4 mornings .I saw 2 doe on oct. 30 nothing since. I got a text from Kevin at 8:30 that he shot a 9 pt. I waited 1-1/2 hrs and drove my atv over to another section of woods.He took off to weigh it (172LB) and I decided to hike up a hardwood ridge and have a sit. I got settled in and 30 mins later this guy walked in within 10 yds and stopped between me and a tree. I scooted to the right so he couldn’t see and when he stepped out I had the gun on him. He starting to walk and when he turned broadside I drilled him just behind the front shoulder. Not much suffering when you double lung them. I watched him drop within 60 yds so not a long track. My buddy Sean drove up with his atv on one of many Hancock lumber tote rds. to help me out. Slam Dunk! No hunting Black powder in December for me when its freezing!🦌💰The tree pic was where the Buck stopped when we both froze at more like 15 ft from me. The pic with the blood was where he was when I double lunged him. I was where you see the hemlock trees I was sitting at when he came in.

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
Re: 4 pointer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »
Very nice and congrats to you!

I'm done as well but didn't shoot anything. My son tagged out with a very respectable 8 pointer last Saturday......he's done thus I'm done.
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline Buckwild

• 6 Pointer
Re: 4 pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:35:14 PM »
I processed my deer this past weekend. I packaged 38 lbs of meat. I was also pleased with my first attempt on doing a ero-mount.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal