Author Topic: Sightings!  (Read 3732 times)

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
Sightings!
« on: Sep 16, 2004, 06:07:04 PM »
I took a ride around spotlighting for an hour or so last night and liked what I saw.  28 bucks, 4 shooters and about a 175lb. bear.  Who's seeing what?

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
  • Whack 'em and stack 'em!
Re: Sightings!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2004, 06:57:12 AM »
Our bow season came in on Wednesday and it's killin' me.  I've had to work from then until now.  If it rains, I might be able to get out on Saturday.  One of the guys at my IWL bagged a nice 12 point opening morning.  I'm happy for him, but I'm cryin' inside!

On a brighter note, I'll be out there soon!
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2004, 09:44:47 AM »
Go get em' Kevin!!

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2004, 08:18:07 PM »
No 12 point, but I did get out this afternoon.  Ivan left terrible winds in it's wake today, so I opted to stay on the ground rather than swoosh around in the trees.  After sneaking through the woods ever so quietly and slowly, I found a nice area with the perfect deadfall to hunker down it.  After an hour or so, I had several does move in, but the only problem was that there was another fallen tree twenty yards away from me in between me and them and I had no shot.  Luckily one of the deer was an idiot and jumped over the deadfall and close the gap between me and her.  I had a tree to hide behind in addition to the deadfall.  The doe turned as I drew and gave me a near broadside slightly quartering to me shot (looked broadside when i shot).  My arrow hit home and passed completely threw a bit higher than I would have liked, but still was satisfied with my shot.  After waiting a 1/2 hour I went to look for blood and my arrow.  I found my arrow drenched with blood and knew that this deer had to be dead already.  But, I didn't find any blood, not a drop :o,  so I began my search in the direction the deer went in search of any sign of blood, still, none ???  Then, I happened to look off in the distance and there she lie waiting for me, deader than dead.  When I recovered her, I noticed a nice entry and exit wound, but very little blood.  When I dressed her though, it was all in her cavity.  My arrow blew out one lung and then the liver.  When I saw the exit wound, I was worried about getting gut, but after dressing her I noticed that the gut was intact.  Whew, no stinkies!!! :D  Well, I just got home a while ago after a long drag out of the woods and now, I've got some young tender meat for my lunches the next several weeks!  WooHOoo!!! :D
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2004, 08:58:50 PM »
Aw, no pic.  Forgot my camera this morning when I went to check it in.  Then, took it to have it made into bologna...

Maybe I'll get a pic of the bologna when I get back :D ;D
-Kevin Wilson

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:10:14 AM »
Pics of bologna just aren't the same, FB.
Good job!
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2004, 05:24:37 PM »
Yer right devil-man.  So, I'll post last years doe instead!

This one dropped and kicked like crazy for a couple minutes.  You can see the leaves all kicked away.  Didn't have to track it at all ::)
-Kevin Wilson

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2004, 04:43:24 PM »
I'm lookin' like a real gomer in that first pic...jeez...hyuck hyuck! ::)
-Kevin Wilson

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 01, 2004, 04:58:39 PM »
My son and I got out for a little scouting last night.  Things are looking good!  While checking on one of my favorite stands we crested a knoll for find 5 buck already in the field.  2 of them where going at it like I've never seen buck fight this time of year, very aggressive!!  Every so often a 3rd smaller buck would try to get into the mix just to get run off again.  Anyway, my boy thought that was pretty cool ( so did I ;D ).  Saw alot of deer, many good bucks.  Weather is supposed to cool off even more next week.  Things are looking good! ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal