Author Topic: Team Silent Stalkers (team 4)  (Read 39921 times)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: Team Silent Stalkers (team 4)
« Reply #60 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:21:39 PM »
I passed on a 6 last night ...... all these QDMA guys have me flustered  :o      It was literally a yard or less from my stand eating weeds and plants.

Actually it was my first sit in a suburban spot that only i hunt and i am confident i will get another crack at him or at least a big fat doe and i really want to spend some time hunting the rut this year and i didn't want to burn my tag yet.

Of course i am having second thoughts .....  it seemed like the face was kind of white / grey and the body was fairly big ......  i'm not sure he gets a second pass  8)
I'm all about body size, any deer 150+ is gettin smoked.
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #61 on: Oct 11, 2016, 07:41:43 PM »
2nd sit of the year this afternoon. Saw 14 including 5 bucks. Population is great this year. I'm holding out for a lone dry doe.

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #62 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:33:52 AM »
I'm all about body size, any deer 150+ is gettin smoked.

Had a 50- walk by yesterday  ::)

It was tiny  ..... but i bet it would be tasty  ;)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #63 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:46:44 AM »
2nd sit of the year this afternoon. Saw 14 including 5 bucks. Population is great this year. I'm holding out for a lone dry doe.
Just fill that tag  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #64 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:47:55 AM »
Had a 50- walk by yesterday  ::)

It was tiny  ..... but i bet it would be tasty  ;)
Tough to tag one that small, I've done it and yup Tasty indeed ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #65 on: Oct 12, 2016, 06:49:37 AM »
I have been out a few times. I have 2 buck on the cam that are last years spawn one is a 3 and one is a tall wide 6.
I see them every time I'm on that stand but the 3 just wont give me a shot.
I'm going to let the 6 live this year, I'd rather get a doe or the 3 he's going to be a nice deer in the next year or 2.

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #66 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:46:32 AM »

I was in 4B and have a doe tag but i really figured i would see some more deer with it.

I also have a tag for 4J which is bow only and once i can get replacement tags for any DMP's i fill so if i see one that size there i may just do it. The whole idea of the DMP's is to thin the herd in an overpopulated area so it would ok  8)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #67 on: Oct 12, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »
I was in 4B and have a doe tag but i really figured i would see some more deer with it.

I also have a tag for 4J which is bow only and once i can get replacement tags for any DMP's i fill so if i see one that size there i may just do it. The whole idea of the DMP's is to thin the herd in an overpopulated area so it would ok  8)
It would, and I'm not saying don't... But with my limited tags this year I'd pass this early.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #68 on: Oct 12, 2016, 07:16:37 PM »

Haven't found a deer that wasn't taste yet  ;D

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #69 on: Oct 13, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
Just fill that tag  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have no room for any more deer. Barely room for ducks or pheasants. Might have to buy another freezer this year. Untll then, I'll only take a dry doe and prob donate it.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #70 on: Oct 13, 2016, 03:22:56 PM »
I have no room for any more deer. Barely room for ducks or pheasants. Might have to buy another freezer this year. Untll then, I'll only take a dry doe and prob donate it.
I'm always accepting donations..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #71 on: Oct 14, 2016, 10:35:29 AM »
Nice job Spike! With that and Franks deer we should be on top of the board!

Is Frank / Aquassassin on our squad??

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #72 on: Oct 14, 2016, 11:03:30 AM »
Is Frank / Aquassassin on our squad??

I thought so :-\

But I don't see him even signed up...

Aquaassassin checking in  8)
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2016, 11:07:59 AM by NYSporty »

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #73 on: Oct 14, 2016, 02:26:33 PM »

He was Joking i guess.....

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #74 on: Oct 14, 2016, 03:27:25 PM »

He was Joking i guess.....

He might have been a late sign up and added to our squad but the first post was never updated?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal