Author Topic: Let's see your FIRST deer pictures...with stories if possible...  (Read 7932 times)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
My first deer was a doe in 1990, my first buck was a 3 point in 1991 (My favorite Hunt of all time)...I found a fresh rub walking into my stand and tracks in the snow...I went Beniot on this monster and after three hours of tracking, jumping him from his bed twice, and anticipating his next move he gave me a 30 yard broadside shot...my old winchester model 12 took him down...at age 17 I threw him in the trunk of my 1982 Malibu Classic 4 door and drove to all my friends excited for my trophy...

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
Re: Let's see your FIRST deer pictures...with stories if possible...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »
You did the same thing with the doe, that pic was in the front yard of my parents house. Cheeks out!!! 8)
"You see it your way... I see it the way it is."

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »
Nobody has a picture or story of their first kill?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »

My first deer a very nice spike horn with a .243! Got it in Vermont and went with my uncle and had a awsome time and was so excited to get him. Just before him was a monster out of range because of too many trees and branches. Around a 100 yrd shot and was on a rock ledge. Great heart shot and only ran 10 ft. Can't wait for next deer season!!!!!  :o

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »
  Sad to say it but I do not have any pics of my first deer. My father and uncle don't believe in taking pics unless it is a nice buck. Good thing I no longer listen to them and take the time to take my own pics. ;D It was a yearling doe I took at the age of 16. I willl never forget that day the rest of my life. I had been hunting for 4 years prior witout taking a deer. At the age of fifteen I shot my first buck but never recovered him. He was a nice 9 pt. and talk about devastated at a young age.
  Then I got my driver's license and started chasing the girls. ;D Needless to say I pretty much quit hunting til about the age of 23. I really only gun hunted in my younger days cuz I did not have the patients for bowhunting. Opening day of gun season November 29 2003 I finally took a nice 8pt and first buck ever. I first saw the buck working across a hillside about 100 yds away. I hit my grunt a few times and here he come in on a string. He gave me a 20 yd. shot and I made it count. Cool thing was I killed him hunting off the ground back againt the tree(Redneck Style).
     Here is a pic of me and my dad with the buck. It was taken by a local archery shop that was also the check in station at the time. It is the only pic I have of me and my father hunting together. Look at the smile on his face you would think he killed it.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »
Lets see... My first deer was on october 12th 2001........ I was 12 years old, my first time EVER deer hunting, and I had my bow in hand..  Was hunting with my uncle in McBain Michigan, sitting in the same tree... Only sitting about 1 hr when he told me to stand up b/c he heard something, just then this young button buck stepped out....  Deer came in right under neath of us, right at the base of the tree, my heart of course RACING like a BI***!!!!!  ANd I was shaking uncontrollably, finally the deer strolled out to 10 yrds, uncle told me to draw and shoot when ready, drew back, never aimed, shot low, deer stayed there, got another arrow in my bow, drew back, let the arrow fly and shot forward, luckily cutting the jugular... Went back to the cabin got dad cousin, and uncles dad.....  Tracked the deer 40 yrds and there it layed!!!! I was STOKED!!!!!!!!  Little me with my 1st deer........ What im wearing in the pic is what i wore in the stand!! No camo, no nothing!!!!  By the next week i was all geared up with new camo ready to go and killed 2 other does that year.

My first buck was when i was 14 years old, november 13th 2002.......  Got lucky as heck on this one!!!  Was hunting grand river bottoms with my bow had deer come in, judging yardage was a thing i have not learned yet, and this buck stepped out at 30 yrds...... Pulling 40 lbs on my ancient bow, i pulled back put the pin where it needed to be and release, whacked em right where I aime...... Never found the deer that night, went back the next morning with dad and todd... Followed VERY little blood, and I was getitng impatient and not much help in the tracking at ALL!! So off I went on my own looking for deer and my buck....... Walked about 200 yrds and seen something laying on the side hill, went to investigate and found my deer!!! I was screeming as loud as i could to dad and todd to come see my deer!! Thing ended up going 450 yrds with my arrow taking out just 1 lung..........

I've come along way since back in the day, but those 2 hunts are pry the most memorable ones that I have ever had!!!!!  The fun was only just beginning and since then have turned into what I would call a whitetail maniac, chasing these critters every chance i get, and devoting my whole life to the pursuit and management of these magnificent animals!! Id hate to guess how many unlucky deer i've crossed paths with, buts its helped me grow into theperson that I am today, and kept me out of a LOT of the trouble all of my non hunting buddies have gotten into...

Great idea for a post! I love recalling old memories!!!!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline synergyboy10

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »
This is my second deer. cant find pic of my first. But the is my first buck and first bow kill.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2010, 08:18:55 AM »
I don't believe I have a picture of my first deer ever....but here is my first deer with a bow!!
http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=3328.0

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2014, 08:51:03 AM »
this thread has been dead for sometime but I figured I would bring it back as it is a cool one to have. I love all the hunting stories so hopefully it can be revived. This is my first deer I have harvested from 2012 it took me about 7 yrs to finally get one and I scored with the mathews z7 extreme. i crept up on a field right before dusk and there were four deer in the field they caught me but didnt move as the light was fading i stayed still and decided which pin to put on the bigger doe. It was my 50 yard pin which i thought i would never use. It blew out the shoulder hit a lung and some how deflected into her spine and dropped her right there. I was so pumped to finally have my first one in the freezer. She dressed out at 110 lbs. Since then I have been hooked even more on deer hunting and have pretty much stopped duck hunting all together.

known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
I took my first deer with a bow, a Bear Whitetail Hunter, in 1976. It was a button buck! My Dad was so proud he had it mounted for me! But one of the greatest gifts my Dad has giving to me, is the appreciation and respect for the outdoors...
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal