Hunting by Game/Technique > Moose Hunting

NH I1 Cow

<< < (2/2)

Green Mountian Hunter:
Awesome job guy's Got the makings for some real good eating  :) :)

bassranger:
Nice job. Nothing better than moose meat.

stka:
Congratulations. How do you get a whole moose to the truck? Did you need to rifle to finish her off?

loonman:

--- Quote from: stka on Dec 13, 2012, 09:16:28 PM ---Congratulations. How do you get a whole moose to the truck? Did you need to rifle to finish her off?

--- End quote ---

We shot her on a state owned game land so we couldn't drive on it but we had permission on some privet property next to it so we used a chainsaw winch to get her to the edge of the state land (150 yard+/-) and rolled her into the bucket of a back hoe. we had meet a landowner that lived just down the road and he was the one that got us permission on the privet property. i gave him a call to see if i could drive my truck through a little field to access the back of the state land so we could drag her out and he was so excited he brought his back hoe down and helped get her out,  as a thanks we gave him about 50lbs of the meat. As she was running my brother did shoot at her but we never found where/if he hit it, the way the wind was blowing the smoke form my muzzeloader was blocking his shooting window. she ran about 30 yards or so and piled up. i hit her on the front shoulder with a 295 gr barns solid copper and it passed through her heart and lodged just below the skin on the other shoulder. the bullet didn't open all the way for some reason but it still put a 1 inch hole through everything. my dad and i have shot several deer with the 245 gr barns and we have yet to get a bullet back so i don't know if its common for the barns muzzeloader bullets to not open all the way or if it was just the angle i hit the moose at.

Green Mountian Hunter:
Great story ; Awesome landowner you sure made him very happy know you get his land to hunt on for sure
way to go Guy's    ;) :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version