Author Topic: In need of a new hound  (Read 7091 times)

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
In need of a new hound
« on: Aug 14, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »
My 12 year old Blue Tick is not doing well. Looking for a finished rig dog that's not trashy. Not interested in any junk dogs. Would like to stay kind of local if possible Me NH or Vermont. We have had hounds for 30 years or so and its going to be hard if Reb passes and we dont have another dog to step up and hunt. Thanks for any info or leads.

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
Re: In need of a new hound
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »
wish I could help you out, ill keep an eye and ear open...craigslist maybe?
Take a Kid outside...

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2012, 05:19:29 PM »
Sorry to here about the dog tundraboy.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »
My 12 year old Blue Tick is not doing well. Looking for a finished rig dog that's not trashy. Not interested in any junk dogs. Would like to stay kind of local if possible Me NH or Vermont. We have had hounds for 30 years or so and its going to be hard if Reb passes and we dont have another dog to step up and hunt. Thanks for any info or leads.

Wish I knew about this last week. I may have a connection in Burlington that had some decent dog's he was trying to get into hunting home's due to Health issues. I got a good looking beagle pup last winter from him. He had a handsome bluetick there he was trying to give me then.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2012, 03:42:42 PM »
Wish I knew about this last week. I may have a connection in Burlington that had some decent dog's he was trying to get into hunting home's due to Health issues. I got a good looking beagle pup last winter from him. He had a handsome bluetick there he was trying to give me then.
I was hoping Reb was going to make it through this season but its looking like he may not even make to the begining :'(. My buddy is actually getting the next one and the dog will be living at his house. Im pretty sure we will have one by the first of October. Hoping to be able to get Issiah and you out for a couple of nights and a couple days of bird hunting over RJ my new female. She is spot on, so excited to get her in the woods.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
I was hoping Reb was going to make it through this season but its looking like he may not even make to the begining :'(. My buddy is actually getting the next one and the dog will be living at his house. Im pretty sure we will have one by the first of October. Hoping to be able to get Issiah and you out for a couple of nights and a couple days of bird hunting over RJ my new female. She is spot on, so excited to get her in the woods.

Sounds good to me.  8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline redace

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
Really sucks when they get old..Hard and expensive to get a good rig dog anymore..I sent you a pm for another site that has a bunch of guys who might be able to help you out..Just REMEMBER try it before ya buy it..Good Luck

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2012, 05:17:59 AM »
Thank you for the link,I will check it out.

Offline redace

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »
Hope it helps..Good luck replacing him ive been trying to replace my best  old redbone for 15 years now and have gone through hundreds looking.Probably had some better but never find one the same.. I know a lot of houndsmen if ya let me know what your looking for id be glad to try to help you out..Have buddys go all over to pick up and deliver dogs too if that would help..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal