Author Topic: my first doe  (Read 3333 times)

Offline whitetailfreak10990

• 6 Pointer
my first doe
« on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:30:20 AM »
i got my first deer a doe on thanksgiving. i was hunting at my sisters boyfriends house dean. he is the main reason i got into deer hunting. i finally decided to take this doe. it was the 5th one and the largest of the 5 to walk past me. i figured backstrap would be a good replacement for turkey and i wanted the experience for the future. well i was using his 30-06, which i never shot before this shot. we have similar physical fetures so i thought we would be fine. i got a great broad side shot and i took it. looked like a  good hit and i heard her fall as she ran out of sight. i waited 20 mins and dean showed up since he had to get out of his stand. we went to the point were i thought i shot her. he told me it was up to me to find it so i can get that experience to. i have to say it was relatively easy since it was a great blood trail. she went only 50 yards. i was so excited as i got up to her. then i learned hoe to field dress it. we took her out of the woods and took the pics. we than butchered it by ourselves with help from his uncle. well i went out as much as i can. every weekend morning and most night after school if i could. never saw a buck, but still saw average 20-30 doe each hunt. now im getting into bowhunting so i can improve my odds at a buck.
chris

• 6 Pointer
Re: my first doe
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »
chris

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »

chris

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2010, 05:05:28 AM »
Nice job...  Congratulations.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2010, 06:06:01 AM »
They are all trophies when they are your first. Good job. You must be in a very high deer density area. Sometimes hard to see bucks as they don't have to chase a doe.
The doe come to them.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2010, 06:56:02 AM »
Nice one Chris. One you will never forget and good shot too.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2010, 08:22:42 AM »
Congratulations on your first deer. If you are seeing 20-30 deer every time you go out, understand that that isn't normal. Some guys only see a few deer a year hunting, you've landed on a great piece of land. You might want to put a few rounds through the gun you're going to hunt with before next season to get more comfortable with it. Nice shot by the way. You'll really like bow hunting, but it takes a lot of practice to get proficient. Try to do some shooting from an elevated position to simulate a stand, or from a stand if possible, it helps a lot.

Offline ragethroughcage

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »
just get that first one outta the way now go after the big boys

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
Nice Deer man,  sounds like you've caught the fever.  Hope this season goes well for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal